Guileen Open Shore + 1st. leg of the East Cork Shore League

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:39 am

SUNDAY JAN 18th.
GARYVOE AREA (conditions will dictate which beach to be used)
CHECK IN: 14.00-15.00 GARRYVOE HOTEL
FISHING: 16.00-20.00
ENTRY FEE €20
OPTONAL POOL €10 full payout

PENN LEAGUE POINTS AVAILABLE

Re: Guileen Open Shore + 1st. leg of the East Cork Shore League

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:23 am

is this a pre entry or just turn up on the day?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:35 am

Turn up on the day. 8) on time

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Held on Ballinwilling in much better conditions than expected and won by surprise surprise, Alan Mulcathy. Notable for several reasons.

1) Majority of the fish came in daylight.
2) Robert Power pulled in a beauty of a 6 1/2lb 61cm cod on his first cast.
3) I managed a coalie!
4) I also managed to hook a rat.

Yes, hook a rat. Its not a pleasant feeling reaching for your prebaited trace thats been hanging off your tripod for 5 minutes and find it pulling back. :o One fat brown rat swinging off the end which thankfully bit through the snood a nano second before becoming airborne. Spotted another 4 in the final ten minutes scurrying across the slip and into the rocks followed by a barrage of stones from myself. (just in case anyone wondered what the hell I was doing shouting, swearing and flinging rocks, it wasnt the frustration at playing 2nd fiddle to the Mulcathy and Power show again....! :D ) Rag and mack on the bottom snood best bait for rats BTW, size 4s with no bling but I would up the snood strength to avoid bite offs...... :D

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:36 pm

What was the weed like Pete?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Pat wrote:What was the weed like Pete?

Ha ha. I hope you are not accusing our pete of being in an altered state of mind and just imagining the rats :lol:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm

:lol: nice one gypsy molly... Very little weed pat of any variety. It was surprisingly pleasant conditions rats, temperature and lack of fish aside.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:19 pm

That's surprising, cause the weed (aquatic variety) was taboo earlier in the week. Any other fish of note caught?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:44 pm

Not really pat. Donal will be along to confirm im sure but aside from robs cod, i think it was a handful of coalfish and an odd rockling and flounder.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:03 pm

petekd wrote:Not really pat. Donal will be along to confirm im sure but aside from robs cod, i think it was a handful of coalfish and an odd rockling and flounder.

Pete,

beaten by the waterford boys again! Jees :lol:

sk

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 am

Results
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 am

The stray cod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:52 am

Cheers Donal, I was pegged beside Robert and it was an impressive fish, it coughed up one of the bigger fish of the day :D .

theshoreking wrote:Pete,

beaten by the waterford boys again! Jees

sk

Getting used to it at this stage ShoreKing, on very odd occasions you take down one only to find the other popping up ahead of you elsewhere. Someone seperate this pair!

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:29 pm

:D As nice as it was to see that cod the image of that Rat on the tripod is hilarious! :D