Tralee Bay SAC Open Comp Ventry 1-2-09

Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Alright lads,
We're hosting an open comp on the far end of Ventry Beach Sunday 1-2-09.
Fishing is from 3 to 7. Check in on beach 2 to half past on the day.
Entry fee (including pools) 15 bucks on the day (E2 longest flat, E2 long round, E1 Draw).

Just in case ye think this is just another bla bla open comp. I've the Stats for a comp from the Waterville club from last Sat of January 08 (these are the best I could obtain not being a member of Watervile SAC)

21 Rods caught 275 fish.
Kevin Brain won with 25 fish, Chris Nelm's second with 24.

2 Dab (including one of 50cm to Richard Gormley which he returned),
11 Flounder,
91 Dog's,
and 171 Coalies.

Alright like............................

For more details keep an eye on-
http://www.traleebaysac.org/anglingcompetitions.htm

Hugh

Re: Tralee Bay SAC Open Comp Ventry 1-2-09

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm

the details with this comp are that the entry's will be taken in the car park of Paudi o'shea's no later then 2.30pm. the fishing will be at the 3rd enterance to the beach. i.e. go past paudies bout a mile. first left and left again past the graveyard. it'l be signed and all that.

hugh

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:49 am

Anyone thinking of travelling down? Any excuse for a pint for me.

Kev

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:24 pm

http://www.traleebaysac.org/apps/forums ... tion-teams

Next 3 comps are open so the above will apply

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 pm

hi Hugh just reading your post with envy would love to fish your match at Ventry on sunday should be ok with e wind. Is that a misprint or have i just read it wrong Ritchie Gormley had a 50cm Dab. That must be a near on record. Hope all goes well, make sure you put the results up will be looking forward to reading them :wink: :wink:

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 pm

hi Hugh just reading your post with envy would love to fish your match at Ventry on sunday should be ok with e wind. Is that a misprint or have i just read it wrong Ritchie Gormley had a 50cm Dab. That must be a near on record. Hope all goes well, make sure you put the results up will be looking forward to reading them :wink: :wink:

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm

don't know did you fish last sunday but the easterly murdered the fishin.
of 34 rods there was 17 fish caught (not 17 caught fish).
that 50cm dab is correct as far as I'm aware. the lads said it was potential record but Richie did the honest thing.
the fishin was a pity cause all the previous week it was hoppin from what few the lads told me.
results were
1: Chris O'Sul
2: Chris Nelms
can't remember the rest.
biggest flat flounder 340 and biggest round a coaly of 260.

personally blanked!

oh ya, next comp is an open on inch and we're hoping for smooth southwesterlies!
http://www.traleebaysac.org/matchreports.htm