Re: MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG IMPORTANT CHANGE OF DATE

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am

GrahamHill wrote:
jd wrote:Traitor-you live in wexford! Lets get the pikes :)

fished in munster for 6yrs ,,bagged the munster closed in 2004 also at garravoe cant stand the small fish

gee

Just a small point on cross border and provincial rivalry. Its the club to which you first register in the year that you are affiliated to. It makes no difference where you come from be it any part of Ireland, the club that you pay your membership to FIRST is the club and province you can only win a provincial title with, as with Graham winning the MUNSTER CLOSED. This appears to be a very sore point with some people so I hope that this makes it a little clearer.

Rules re joining clubs..

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 pm

sharky wrote:Just a small point on cross border and provincial rivalry. Its the club to which you first register in the year that you are affiliated to. .

I can't see any mention of this in the rules or by-laws.

Re: rules or by-laws.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Good man JD so what do you see in the rules or by-laws so we can put this one to bed

Re: rules or by-laws.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

BASS POINT wrote:Good man JD so what do you see in the rules or by-laws so we can put this one to bed

Pardon? I can see loads of stuff there, I can't find the rule quoted re first club paid etc.

Re: MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:25 pm

This was the out come last time G HILL won the Munster closed shore ruling made by the then Chairman at the IFSA AGM in Athlone.

[Just a small point on cross border and provincial rivalry. Its the club to which you first register in the year that you are affiliated to. It makes no difference where you come from be it any part of Ireland, the club that you pay your membership to FIRST is the club and province you can only win a provincial title with, ]

Re: Joining more than 1 ifsa club

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:50 pm

I have tried to check into this and there is some dispute whether this is a rule or not.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm

jd wrote:I have tried to check into this and there is some dispute whether this is a rule or not.

jd,,,you will have to get past my jack russel to get the cup and one of my three!!!! munster gold medals ((actually forgot won the munster open in 2003!! 8) ))yer pay your money and take your chioce :lol: :lol:

gee

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:06 pm

GrahamHill wrote:
jd wrote:I have tried to check into this and there is some dispute whether this is a rule or not.

jd,,,you will have to get past my jack russel to get the cup and one of my three!!!! munster gold medals ((actually forgot won the munster open in 2003!! 8) ))yer pay your money and take your chioce :lol: :lol:

gee

Hi Graham- no problem with ye winning them at all , just that there is debate/dispute whether you are tied to the first club you join in the year.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:15 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: jd sorry got the wrong end of the stick again!!

gee

Re: Joining more than 1 ifsa club / GH ONLY IN ONE CLUB

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Problem with the heading on this page all Rinnashark members who may be living over the Bridge are only in one club . The heading joining more than 1 ifsa club is wrong and miss leading .
I would not support any one who joins a number of clubs just to win a competition that is wrong and would be classed by me as wrong we are talking about people who are only in one club .(MUNSTER CLUB RINNASHARK SAC)
Last edited by BASS POINT on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:33 pm

Gents I'm a bit lost here, why has this jumped from original topic of how a comp fished to what clubs you're in?

Whats the issue that I'm missing?

Cheers.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:39 pm

The issue is BASS POINT said

Its the club to which you first register in the year that you are affiliated to

This needs to be clarified, and as I have said before we have reservations about discussing the internal business of Clubs/Associations

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:12 pm

i think the reason graham joined a munster club is because he knows how hard it is to get a leinster medal,they are like hens teeth if you are a wexfordman. :lol: :lol:

Re: Joining more than 1 ifsa club / GH ONLY IN ONE CLUB

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:19 am

BASS POINT wrote:Problem with the heading on this page all Rinnashark members who may be living over the Bridge are only in one club . The heading joining more than 1 ifsa club is wrong and miss leading .
I would not support any one who joins a number of clubs just to win a competition that is wrong and would be classed by me as wrong we are talking about people who are only in one club .(MUNSTER CLUB RINNASHARK SAC)

i am a member of 3 clubs in waterford BUT when i declare to fish the MUNSTER CLOSE i register for Just 1 of them,now i want to know, probably opening a can of worms here What province is the S A I a member of, as far as i am aware it is all ireland club registared in leinster,so where does that leave members who fish for the S A I. can they fish any province that has an closed shore comps. :wink: :twisted: :oops:i.e Can a MUNSTER member of THE S A I can win the LEINSTER CLOSED SHORE.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:06 am

SAI goes by the same rules as any other Leinster Club. The only difference (and SAI's raison d'etre) is that SAI fishes all over Ireland.

TBH debate over rules should really be pursued through your club and also at provincial council meetings