Re: MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG IMPORTANT CHANGE OF DATE

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

hughcronin wrote: picked up my first cod of the year aswel last night below in cobh on the pier infront of supervalue.

Hugh,
Was he any size?

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:28 pm

430mm Pat, to king rag an hour before LW at a genuine 90-110 yards. glow beads. fishing got quieter as tide slackened but she was still flowing out 30mins after lw. he was the only cod. no fish came to crab. almost all on rag, few on black lug. I didn't mind as its easier to use.
whiting + pout also
Last edited by hughcronin on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:17 pm

That's interesting Hugh. A buddy of mine had one last May of 4.5lbs just at that spot using lug. Same night a Polish lad had one at the end of the Station around the same size on sandeel.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:34 pm

[/quote]
but them little fish up off the east coast :roll: :roll: :roll:
i get more of a scrap from my plugs i use for bass bait than them tiddlers
munsters the place for real match angling!@!!!!

graham to be honest i think any fool can chuck out a big bait for a big fish and hope for the best !but i think it takes a lot more skill to be able to catch smaller fish ! just like our east coast tiddlers ! thats why leinster usually dominate in the interprovintials every year and last man standing comps for that matter !! :wink: :lol: :lol:

gee[/quote]

Re: MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG NO RESULTS

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Seamus Mac wrote:No results not out yet none of the clubs that i know have them must be very close as it is taken so long to come up with the top five.

Can anyone confirm that as well as Graham Hill:
Alan Mulcahy, Rinnashark,
Robert Power Rinnashark and
Brian Mansfield Ardmore, (all Waterford),
are on the team.
Not sure if the 5th member is from Rinnashark too????????
Broadband must have ground to a halt in Cork.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 am

boycie89 wrote:

graham to be honest i think any fool can chuck out a big bait for a big fish and hope for the best !but i think it takes a lot more skill to be able to catch smaller fish ! just like our east coast tiddlers ! thats why leinster usually dominate in the interprovintials every year and last man standing comps for that matter !! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Andy ,,
i suppose any fool can cast into the sea and catch a fish ,i suppose any fool can get a 147,a hole in one , a sub 4min mile what you young guns have to learn is to do it consistently ,fishing the same beaches up the east coast is teaching you nowt!! same old same old flatties ,pin whitings, and other small fish with the same after dark with a sprinkling of dogs ,,
i notice there is a new club opening and also on the same old beaches ,but seriously munster beaches are my personal choice of fishing (suppose the nearest to a yorkshire cod beach i can find over here) and at least the fish are a bigger size too off the likes of tramore and cork beaches,,than up the east coast so this debate will as it already has ,,go on for ever between the 2 areas :shock: :shock:

gee

gee[/quote][/quote]

Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:38 am

so if i beat boycie on a regular basis in comps , which i do, does that mean im better than graham, :P :P

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:38 pm

boycie89 wrote:

Roll on Jan 2009 interprovintials this is just what Munster Juv,s need we will see who wins this year. (good luck to all the JUV,S in the interprovintials)

gee[/quote][/quote]

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:17 pm

we will see seamus lookin forward to it :wink: 8) ............ keep dreamin eric :!: :!:

Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi Donal
Any news on the top 5 in munster closed please.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:16 pm

They must have lost the results dogfish

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:23 pm

I would say lads, the more ye push and poke, the longer it'll be..... :lol:

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:23 pm

I would like to reply in full to the above remarks and comments but because of the position I hold on M.P.C. this web site is not the place to do it. A meeting will be arranged, between the host clubs, over the Christmas to deal with the issues that arose over the 4 legs.

The two points I will make are.

1. The top 5 were called out on the night.
2. My phone number and email address are still the same.

I have asked JD to lock this topic.