MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG IMPORTANT CHANGE OF DATE

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

DUE TO A CLASH WITH THE I.F.S.A. AGM THIS COMPETITION IS PUT BACK A DAY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MUNSTER CLOSED SHORE 4th LEG IMPORTANT CHANGE OF DATE

Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:24 pm

hi donal
i just saw the notice for the change of date for the 4th leg. there is a tralee bay comp scheduled for the same date.
what happens with that?
thanks chris.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:12 pm

sully wrote:hi donal
i just saw the notice for the change of date for the 4th leg. there is a tralee bay comp scheduled for the same date.
what happens with that?
thanks chris.

The Great Island club were contacting Tralee Bay today about getting them to fixing a new date.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm

excellent i hope it works out it would be a shame to miss one of the comps.
any word on the results from the 3rd leg? or overall if possible?

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:54 am

sully wrote:excellent i hope it works out it would be a shame to miss one of the comps.
any word on the results from the 3rd leg? or overall if possible?

Top 3 from each zone 3rd. leg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Update on overall results

Entries stil open for the 4th. leg contact
magsmcevoy@eircom.net

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:29 am

How'd this go anyone know? Say it was wild down there.

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:16 pm

cant find anything on it either keith ... must have been rough alright, any chane a few cod i wonder ??

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I didn't fish it myself but heard the fishing was poor. I think only one codling was caught along with some coalies, flounder and the odd dog.

I think Graham Hill finished first overall in the munster closed league. I'm sure there were a few forum members fishing it so they might be able to fill in the gaps.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:15 am

kstaff wrote:How'd this go anyone know? Say it was wild down there.

ifitswims wrote:cant find anything on it either keith ... must have been rough alright, any chane a few cod i wonder ??

Lads ye need to look at a map and see where Garryvoe is situated. :lol: :roll:
With the winds turning from the S/W to a Westerly things were not going to be that bad.

The wind did hold up the tide from ebbing which did delay the pegging of the beach but all anglers were on their pegs with plenty of time to spear.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:27 am

the venue

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:14 am

JOHN LYNCH wrote:I didn't fish it myself but heard the fishing was poor. I think only one codling was caught along with some coalies, flounder and the odd dog.

I think Graham Hill finished first overall in the munster closed league. I'm sure there were a few forum members fishing it so they might be able to fill in the gaps.

I think there was a few painted rays caught also. I caught a doubler of flounder (26 and 28) on my first cast and a rockling that just made the minimum. Phew.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am

donal domeney wrote:the venue

Nice photo Donal. Is that your hoodie hating dog on the left? He doesn't look too tough lying on a pink cushion.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Pegged on A7, 2 flounder in my first 2 casts after sprinting onto the beach with arriving late from an earlier club comp. Followed that with a nice painted ray of 53cms. I believe the rest of the zone fished poorly enough. Brian Mansfield I think won zone A with me 2nd. Donal is probably too polite to tell us he won his zone too, well done man.

Conditions were grand, bit breezy in stages with an odd shower but very fishable. Didnt really do the business fish wise though which was disappointing. Ray at distance on sandeel whilst dodging weed which blighteds most distance casts in our area. Flounder came in to large busted lug baits on size 2s at about 15 yards. 26cm and 35cm, water was dirty so the extra scent from the larger baits by busting them seemed to help them find them.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Cheers for the updates men and weldone to Graham Hill for winning overall. I took the wimp approach and stayed indoors after seeing the forecast! Dosn't look too bad, great pic too Donal, that weed looks nasty.

I'll have to win teh Open in Youghal so to make amends!! :D

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:44 pm

liv wrote:
Nice photo Donal. Is that your hoodie hating dog on the left? He doesn't look too tough lying on a pink cushion.

That cushion once belong to a biker :lol: :lol: Hard for dogs to see the differance between a hoodie and a crash helmet :lol: :roll: :lol:

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:53 pm

kstaff wrote: Dosn't look too bad, great pic too Donal, that weed looks nasty.
I'll have to win teh Open in Youghal so to make amends!! :D

Weed never looks nasty when its up on the high water mark. Very little weed in the water.

3 flounder and a 48cm bass also had a coalfish, not counted pulled in from an earlier crack-off, all the fish were taken at distance on a clipped down pully rig and baited with crab.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:57 pm

donal domeney wrote:
liv wrote:

That cushion once belong to a biker :lol: :lol: Hard for dogs to see the differance between a hoodie and a crash helmet :lol: :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I won't be doing any burnouts in front of your house so.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Weldone on the zone win, ahh distance is there anything it can't do :D

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:32 pm

Cod of 52 (4llb 8oz)on a short snooded double /single hooked penel at distance sealed 2nd in zone b on the penultimate cast :shock: :shock:
2 fish in 5 hrs ,obviously very lucky to get the result with all the talent on show on the night but still ,,,,,,,up Rinnishark !!!8) 8) 8)

gee :lol: