CBARSAC waterfront open June 8th (penn points available)

Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 pm

the above compo is on the 8th of June fishing from 2pm to 6pm checkin from 11am carrickfergus prom (beside the castle). the compo is sponsored by the carrick borough conical and all are welcome...for any more info send me a pm...
cheers jonny gilbert (cbarsac recorder)

ps- i was also told to mention no parking on the prom and to use the car parks opposite the prom...oh and also entry fee is £3 and an optional £1 heavist fish pool

Wed May 21, 2008 12:33 am

Jonny, just a double check...are you sure the comp has got Penn points awarded, someone called me tonight and said if its not stated in SeaAngler magazine that points are awarded then they're not awarded.

Tom.

Thu May 22, 2008 11:09 am

hey tom yes it has penn points alan yeates emailed me to confrim it. it mite not be in this months sea angler casue we only got them about 2 weeks ago...but there is penn points up for grabs

cheers jonny

Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks Jonny, it was a couple of guys who read SAI but dont post asked me to find out.....what numbers of anglers you expecting ?

Tom.

carrickfergus council waterfront open

Sun May 25, 2008 1:37 pm

numbers in previous years have been in an and around 60 - 70
mainly a fun comp however we couldnt run the annual comp last year due to the promenade being refurbished
the last winner was stephen brennan from dublin two years ago
with 5 fish small gobies and flat fish
and johnny is right although its not in the sea angler ive also recieved confirmation from alan yates, all are welcome especially novice anglers. disabled, oaps and ladies
£1.50for juniors under16, oaps and disabled
£3.00 entry for seniors
an optional heaviest fish pool at £1.00 also
rules are quite simple one rod per angler with a max three hooks attached
an adult may assist a child or novice
target species small flats mainly however there have been one or two well over the 300mark also gobies and rockling have been recorded
only living fish will count
hence no size limits
fish when caught must be brought direct to the weigh in centre to be weighed recorded then released opposite the weigh in station
the following fish do not count, mackeral herring sandeel salmon, sea trout or any other game or bait fish
5points per fish caught then the weight is adde to that score eg. a small gobie of 60grams would recieve .6 of a point therefore 1point per every 100grams
i know some of the guys from dublin and further afield are coming and will be most welcome the prizegiving and raffle will take place asap locally
please as johnny says dont park on the promenade or anywhere on the marine highway as there is ample free parking available just across the road hope to see you all there to make it a great fun event with cash and prizes up for grabs again sorry about it not being in the sea angler but there is deffinatly penn sea league points up for grabs, best of luck to you all stuarty langridge secretary carrick beach & rockers s.a.c. :wink: