Shannon town angling club fixtures

Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:43 am

Here are the remaining fixtures for Shannon town angling club. New members are welcome. IMO it's the best way to learn how to fish marks. PM me and I'll pass on contact details.

Cappagh May 4th
Doonaha June 1st
Poulnasharry August 2nd
The wreck August 3rd
Cappagh September 7th
Moneypoint bay September 21st
Haughs Beach October 12th
Poulnasharry November 2nd
Kildysert December 7th

Matchs take place 12 to 4pm and check in half an hour beforehand. All matchs are weigh and release on capture. 10 points per fish to size and 1 point per .1 of a KG.
There is also going to be a match in July in memory of Rodney Smith.

Donagh

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi Donagh,

What are the minimum sizes ? Are the matches pegged or is it still a rover system?

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:17 pm

Matchs aren't pegged anymore but they are still not complete rovers as there normaly on specific marks. Cappagh is different as the marks are a mile apart and we work out who fishing where so the fish can be weighed and released on capture.

Despite being in the club for around 5 years I couldn't tell what the size limits are off hand. I'll get back on that after out next comp. Most of the fishing is for dogs , rays, conger and huss and fish are rarely undersize. I think the flats are 10 inchs.

The winter comps in rianna were turned into all fish count with a straight measurement points system with no bonus points as the fishing was so poor but they've given up on this mark now.

Donagh