Galway Bay SAC comp April 6th

Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Galway Bay SAC comp April 6th

This comp is also the first leg of the Connaught Gold Medal

Venue is Lettergesh

Time 11am - 4pm

check in at 10am
Last edited by stevecrow74 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:18 pm

will be making this - getting lug for the first time in an age!

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:08 pm

enjoy the fishing lads. I wont be making this one :)

Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:49 pm

nige wrote:enjoy the fishing lads. I wont be making this one :)

oh yeah.. i might need a lift to this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

nige, do you know what time the comp is?? the chairman phoned me this morning, i was in no state to answer it though :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Re: Galway Bay SAC comp April 6th

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:20 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:Galway Bay SAC comp April 6th

This comp is also the first leg of the Connaught Gold Medal

Venue is Lettergesh

Time 11am - 4pm

check in at 10am

details updated

Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:25 pm

is it open to anyone or only galway bay club members?

Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:18 pm

MC wrote:is it open to anyone or only galway bay club members?

both...

only the Connaught gold medal is closed, but you can fish the GBSAC comp as its an open

Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:09 pm

well if you think you want to chance my motor - theres a lift for you

Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Might pop up for this myself, could do with a lawnmower to go with the strimmer I won at the last leg...... :D

Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm

petekd wrote:Might pop up for this myself, could do with a lawnmower to go with the strimmer I won at the last leg...... :D

thats the other connaught club that has some strange ideas about prizes :shock:
GBSAC are known for cash prizes (except one time i got vouchers for a furniture store :shock: :shock: )

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:42 pm

how many are going to this now - im in anyway

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 pm

For anyone going to this, please take note that the Connemara Marathon (Connemarathon) is on Sunday as well. Roads are not closed, but traffic will be at a crawl I'd imagine. Map of the route here http://www.connemarathon.com/sites/map/map.htm , seems they are using both roads that we would usually take. Probably best to go via Lough Inagh, the other road through Leenane is the half marathon route so a lot more runners/walkers.
So you'll need to leave a good bit earlier to get there on time!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 pm

farking hell :evil: :evil: :evil:

its an early enough start as is!!!

:D :D :D

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:11 am

corbyeire wrote:how many are going to this now - im in anyway

only one person txt'd back.. and that was you.. :shock:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 am

Ah we'll have to go along and keep him company. Me and JP will be there. Pete A can't make it so I'll be taking entries, JP will be pegging the beach (he doesn't know yet). If the pegs are all 2 yards from each other then he's still drunk... :lol:

EDIT: The half marathon (Leenane-Maam Cross) doesn't start til 12, so that's probably the best route for going early, you'll only be meeting a few full marathon runners coming the other way between Leenane and the turn off, instead of having to overtake them all if you go the other way.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 pm

glad i am missing this comp - i hate driving slow around connemara :)

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 pm

think i wont be making this one... sobriety will be evading me over the weekend. :shock:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:54 pm

stevecrow74 wrote:think i wont be making this one... sobriety will be evading me over the weekend. :shock:

Lightweight. Sure don't we have another member who's never sober at these comps... :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm

Bradan wrote:
stevecrow74 wrote:think i wont be making this one... sobriety will be evading me over the weekend. :shock:

Lightweight. Sure don't we have another member who's never sober at these comps... :lol:

and he usually finishes in a good position so you might be lucky :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 pm

Bradan wrote:

i'll be starting tonight and dont plan to stop till monday sometime :twisted: