winter festival

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:32 pm

anyone know how this fished. think its finished since yest.

very surprised i didnt see a post about it

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Clark took home the bacon and golds got second's i cant remember the chap's name that got 3rd,

it fished very well first day i caught 32 fish that scored 852 points that only put me in 10th place for the first day then it was all down hill for me after that,
roll on next year,

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:06 am

Hi Mann,

How did Pat get on? Did Richie fish it also?

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:21 am

Gordon Thorns was third I think.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 pm

Hallo lad’s,
John pat came third in his zone first day with a score over 600 points he as you know normally does a lot better I think it was 3 Gold’s the time we had the EFSA Shore Championship in Clare,
Plus a table full of prizes,
I need to practice a lot more at catching them small fish its not my normal type of fishing,
I found it hard work I need speed and bigger casts to do any good we fished kilmuckridge last day and I was stuck behind a trench that lead unto a flat area of high sand and my 90 yard cast was not getting me out to the fish,

I will have to kidnap richie one of the days and maybe get a few casting tips off him, sorry I missed your comp at Beal New years day but I went for Bass the night before fished until 3am got my first Bass of 08 at 12.15 am,

Estuary lad I just had a chat with pat he reminded me it was Chris Clark / Ian Golds / and Joe Arch that done the biz in that order,
Ian Golds was one peg from mine on day 1 he has it off to an art great to see him in action maybe if I spent a little more time watching my rod instead of him I may have done a little better,

At least I came away from there a little wiser the main thing I learned was never use your finger as a hook disgorger on large whiting.

ps, no john richie arrived friday afternoon and traveled up to Arklow for a comp on sunday.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:53 pm

You should definately be able to add 40-50yards onto your cast with a bit of practice and a bit of tuition. Well done on your result the first night.

You didn't miss much on new years day, the fishing was total crap. I must get over to fish a couple on comps on the east coast this year, Tramore is as far east as I have gone.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:48 pm

JOHN LYNCH wrote: I must get over to fish a couple on comps on the east coast this year, Tramore is as far east as I have gone.

John I reckon you would love it there a great mixed bunch of lads the craic is great but it does work out expensive for the three day event but worth it in the long run, I was asked to fish the next comp in April to be held in Wales but if I have anymore time off work they might give me the road,
I don’t know how they put up with me this long, it must be all the stories I keep telling them about the one’s that got away

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:28 pm

mann wrote:Hallo lad’s,
John pat came third in his zone first day with a score over 600 points he as you know normally does a lot better I think it was 3 Gold’s the time we had the EFSA Shore Championship in Clare,
Plus a table full of prizes,
I need to practice a lot more at catching them small fish its not my normal type of fishing,
I found it hard work I need speed and bigger casts to do any good we fished kilmuckridge last day and I was stuck behind a trench that lead unto a flat area of high sand and my 90 yard cast was not getting me out to the fish,

I will have to kidnap richie one of the days and maybe get a few casting tips off him, sorry I missed your comp at Beal New years day but I went for Bass the night before fished until 3am got my first Bass of 08 at 12.15 am,

Estuary lad I just had a chat with pat he reminded me it was Chris Clark / Ian Golds / and Joe Arch that done the biz in that order,
Ian Golds was one peg from mine on day 1 he has it off to an art great to see him in action maybe if I spent a little more time watching my rod instead of him I may have done a little better,

At least I came away from there a little wiser the main thing I learned was never use your finger as a hook disgorger on large whiting.

ps, no john richie arrived friday afternoon and traveled up to Arklow for a comp on sunday.

Just a correction on the results there.....it was Gordon Thorns who came 3rd overall behind Chris Clark and Ian Golds......Joe Arch didnt even fish the festival this year :)

Tom.

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:27 pm

not too bad coming 3rd when you dont even fish :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:27 pm

I stand corrected rock hopper thanks for putting that right,
Estuary lad you got it right I was going on what my mate told me when it came to who came third I should have known better but as I said its my first time fishing with these guys and its not easy to meet so many people and remember there names, :?
Never mind no harm done only trying to help answer your question captain, :roll: