Leinster Shore League Rules 2008

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Note.
Leinster IFSA site is at http://www.ifsaleinster.com

LEINSTER LEAGUE COMPETITION RULES

1. The competition shall be run under I.F.S.A. rules.
2. Fishing times (start time) to (end time)
3. Anglers must fish from their allocated pegs.
4. The competition will be run on a catch and return basis.
5. Each fish will be measured. 1 point will be awarded for each centimetre the fish measures on the measuring stick. A fish must touch the line before a point will be awarded.
6. The mouth of the fish must be closed when the fish is been measured.
7. It is the responsibility of the competitor to have his own approved measuring stick.
8. All fish must be measured on the adjoining angler’s measuring stick.
9. Five points will be awarded for every fish landed plus the measurement of the fish.i.e.4 fish measuring 140cm. = 20 fish points plus 140 measurement points, total = 160 points.
In the case of Lesser Spotted Dogfish 55 points will be awarded. i.e. 5 fish points and 50 measurement points, total = 55 points.
10. The first L.S.D. must also be measured. This measurement will only count in the event of a tie.
11. When a fish is landed the fish should be placed in a bucket until the measurement is checked. If the fish is sizeable and the size is agreed by the 2 competitors on the adjoining pegs the type of fish plus the measurement of the fish should be recorded on the competitors score card. Match cards must have a running total, which will be signed by adjoining anglers who witness the fish.
12. Match cards must be signed by the 2 adjoining senior anglers one of who must witness the return of the fish to the water.
13. Match cards must be signed before the next cast is reeled in.
14. At the termination of the competition the competitors on the adjoining pegs must record the number of fish and sign the match card. In the case of a dispute the match card will be signed at the competition weigh-in.
15. FISH SIZE LIMITS.
RAYS ( new rule ).
All species of ray from tip of snout to end of tail = 20cm.

ALL OTHER SPECIES = 20 cm.
EXCLUDED MACKERAL, SAND EEL AND WEAVER.
16.FISH POINTS.
All eels under 100 cm. 35 points + 5 fish points = 40 points.
All eels 100 cm. or over 95 points + 5 fish points = 100 points.
Smooth hounds and Tope ( new rule ).
45cm. or less, 35 measurement points plus 5 fish points (Total points.40).
46cm. or over, 1 point per cm. plus 5 fish points.
17. BAITS ALLOWED. ( new rule )
The only baits allowed are, 1 Lugworm. 2 Shellfish excluding crabs. 3 Fish baits.

18.GROUND BAITING. All forms of ground baiting either before or during the
Competition are forbidden. All baits must be attached only to the hooks.
19.Complaints must be made in writing, signed and witnessed and handed into the Match
Officer before the weigh-in is completed.
20.The Leinster Provincial Council or the organising club shall not be held responsible for
Any loss or injury incurred during the event.
19. The decision of the committee is final.

ADDITIONAL RULES

Competitors are advised to note the following additions to the Leinster League Competition Rules.
9. Five points will be awarded for every fish landed plus the measurement of the fish.i.e.4 fish measuring 140cm. = 20 fish points plus 140 measurement points, total = 160 points. In the case of Lesser Spotted Dogfish 55 points will be awarded. i.e. 5 fish points and 50 measurement points, total = 55 points.
15.FISH SIZE LIMITS.
RAYS ( new rule ).
All species of ray from tip of snout to end of tail = 20cm.
ALL OTHER SPECIES = 20 cm.
EXCLUDED MACKERAL, SAND EEL AND WEAVER.

16.FISH POINTS.
All eels under 100 cm. 35 points + 5 fish points = 40 points.
All eels 100 cm. or over 95 points + 5 fish points = 100 points.
Smooth hounds and Tope ( new rule ).
45cm. or less, 35 measurement points plus 5 fish points (Total points.40).
46cm. or over, 1 point per cm. plus 5 fish points.

17. BAITS ALLOWED. ( new rule )
The only baits allowed are, 1 Lugworm. 2 Shellfish excluding crabs. 3 Fish baits.

competitions

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 pm

thanks for the info wealth of info there, thought golf was complicated till i read that ha ha :lol: lookin forward to joining a club and start fishing comps , this site is awesome keep up the good work 8)

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm

got confused after rule 6 :oops:

golf get it in the hole in as few shots as posibile and dont cheat. :D