fish offs

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:29 pm

hi all, just wanted to know has any one heard any news from the fish offs in galway ? after the first session .

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:40 pm

I was steward at zone B and 4 anglers caught 1 fish each - turbot of 25cm being the biggest. conditions were bad. wouldnt like to be on the beach for the night session.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:21 am

word is that 50 percent BLANKED the day session and looking the same for the night session, :shock: :shock:

FISH OFFS

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:45 pm

Well done to Andy McCallion of Portstewart SAC who made the team.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:33 am

Any word on how the SAI lads got on???

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 am

Pete McGrory representing Donegal Bay finished top of the pile of SAI lads finishing in a superb 8th place. I believe MB.3 also remains in the pool for next year too. Well done lads, I believe the fishing was nothing short of dire and ye did well to winkle anything out over the weekend.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 am

I have a pile of "waterproofs" sitting at home drying out after Saturday night - jesus the weather was awful for that session. 18 blanks out of 29 anglers I think. Coalfish and rockling were the main species, couple of dogs and pollack as well. I was stewarding zone B and I think 4anglers caught 10 fish between them with 5 blanks.
Yesterday was much better weather, see pic. Good few flounder caught early on then it went quiet. Couple of dogs, and towards the end a couple of ray landed. Nothing to write home about.
Fishing was sh1te, but that's what you get fishing these beaches in January. Was good to see some of the best match anglers in action, learned a few things. Some of them are right moany ba*tards though! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 am

anyone know what the team is???

Top 5 this weekend

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:47 am

Chris Scanlon Cuckoos Nest
Andrew Mc Callion Portstewart
Timothy O' Sullivan Waterville
Thomas Mc Adam Dublin Telesport
Eugene Farrelly Tralee Bay Reserve

Will post full results later

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:50 am

I have not heard all the team but 2 Kerry boys will be travelling to France as far as I know, Ex- world champion Timmy Sullivan who had 2 zone wins made the team and I think that Eugene Farrelly of Tralee Bay sac pictured with the ray above will be travelling as sub.

Delighted for the two boys, an angler of timmy's quality should be on the team every year. Another great result for Eugene on top of his munster open victory last November.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:54 am

Well done to Eugene with the nice ray above, who will be the travelling sub, fair play. Also well done to ViperSD who has stayed in the top 20.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:56 am

thanks brian

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:01 pm

well done tom 8)

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 pm

Results here
http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... hp?t=14641

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:16 am

Fishing was absolutely dire, very hard going on all sessions. Saturday night session drunk the rain, only for the beach buddy would have been drowned....nearly as bad as the night session at the Masters. Well done to Chris Scanlon for top spot and for all the other lads who made the team, some achievement considering how poor the fishing was.