DEFENCE FORCES SAC & EASTERN COMMAND SAC

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:12 pm

As there seems to be quite a number of DF personnel on the site, i just thought I'd mention that the DFSAC and ECSAC are both on the lookout for new members.

both clubs are active all year round for both boat (summer and autumn only) and shore competitions, held throughout the republic.

the highlight of the year for the ECSAC is the 2day boat comp and 2 day shore comp fished every summer. this year we are going to cork

for the DFSAC there is another 3 days afloat and 2 days ashore, again this year the comps are being held in cork

MEMBERSHIP IS STRICTLY RESERVED FOR SERVING AND RETIRED MEMBERS OF THE PDF.

if this might interest you please PM me for more details

ps: other serving members on the site include wrassebasher, quinner, pat spillane and mickeyfish

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:45 pm

you will catch loads with a steyr 5.56mm assault rifle :)

what the heck use a Diemaco m203ai 40mm grenade launcher :D :D

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:29 pm

was in the scouts once got to kill things coooool :D does this count :lol:

Re: DEFENCE FORCES SAC & EASTERN COMMAND SAC

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:MEMBERSHIP IS STRICTLY RESERVED FOR SERVING AND RETIRED MEMBERS OF THE PDF.

What about the fine men and women of the RDF? I bet they spend more time on active duty than you do! Sure you've spent the last 4 years in college :P

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 pm

bradan

they are allowed to join the club (on a case by case basis) and compete for prizes but not allowed to fish for the medal events that are held annually

in the life on a reservist they might accumulate the same amount of hours as i did during my cadetship (18 hours a day 5 days a week and 6 hours a day on sat and sun) thats before you do your own work such as study, cleaning etc

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:bradan

they are allowed to join the club (on a case by case basis) and compete for prizes but not allowed to fish for the medal events that are held annually

in the life on a reservist they might accumulate the same amount of hours as i did during my cadetship (18 hours a day 5 days a week and 6 hours a day on sat and sun) thats before you do your own work such as study, cleaning etc

Ah Paul, I was only slagging!
Just out of interest, how many members would you have? Are they big clubs?

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 pm

ECSAC is relatively small, i think there are about 15 members in total but i stand to be corrected on that (as chairman i think i really should know), average turn out for league comps can be as high as 10 or as low as 4 depending on whos overseas or on courses etc

DFSAC is relatively learge and on average we would expect about 50 anglers to compete in the annual All Army Master Angler comp which is 3 days boat and 2 shore comps

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 pm

as the secretary it is my job to keep the chairman informed we currently have 20 members and are still looking to increase the numbers.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Well done to Paul and Mick that put a smile on my face. Welcome to the administration side of thing. 8) 8)

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm

i would have known if had been able to attend the AGM but unfortunately i am up the walls with college. havent even been fishing yet this year, and missed the first ECSAC comp of the year yest :cry: :cry: wont make any til the summer at least :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

donal domeney wrote:Well done to Paul and Mick that put a smile on my face. Welcome to the administration side of thing. 8) 8)

:lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

paulocallaghan wrote: wont make any til the summer at least :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

all work and no play makes Paul go something.......... :D