Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Yip sorry forgot to mention weldone to Donal too very well run!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Lovely evening for it, pegged near the end of zone B myself. Fishing was always going to be scratchy given the flat calm conditions but it was a joy to fish compared to the horrible evening with the East Cork league leg a couple of weeks ago. Missed a couple of flats in daylight, one by not waiting long enough, the other by leaving it too long and losing it to one of the old breakwater stumps. Had a few undersized whiting before resorting to blasting 3 fish baits as far as possible in pursuit of dogs, managed one with an hour to go had dropped another on the same cast due to a snood breaking.... :evil: Managed a second with 5 minutes to go and that was that, nice to sneak a prize out.... :D Nice to be back fishing the Munsters again, was a super turnout that hopefully continues throughout. Very well organised and run and it didnt take too long to count the cards given the amount fishing. Shame the fishing didnt kick off but sure ye cant have everything.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:26 pm

well done to my fishing buddy micheal walsh winning the A zone in his very first fishing comp :D

cork

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:42 pm

yeah well done to all that had a few fish it was hard going down there yesterday a lot of people blanked :oops: :oops:

Re: cork

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

barry murphy wrote:yeah well done to all that had a few fish it was hard going down there yesterday a lot of people blanked :oops: :oops:

Barry, after you stewarding that section for the under 16's last Saturday night, I was expecting a bucket of fish from you.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Well done to the angler who turned out in great numbers 77 entered the competition with maybe 4 or 5 of these not turning up on the day.

This entry generated €385 to go into the kitty for the Munster team for 2009 Interprovincial

This was more than a one man job. Well done to John Warner who took the entry fees even if this was ment to be a pre-entry competition and Johnny Mc Evoy who pegged the 3 zones on his own.

Also a big thank you to the Walter Raleigh Hotel for suppling the use of the room for the day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cork

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:32 pm

:oops: :oops: yeah tought i had it susted out after last week.with a flounder of 19 and a whiten of 15 cm very disapointing fish just were not in it :evil: :cry: .fishing very poor over all with only 108 fish out of 77 anglers :shock: tought it woul fish better.