Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:23 pm

paulocallaghan wrote:for some reason donal, you always seem to draw a lot of flak. from what i have both seen and heard you do an outstanding job but people seem to complain straight to you instead of throught the official process of through their club, to their provincial seretary, to the provincial chair and then if needs be to the national council.......

Maybe it's because I speak what I think and I tell the truth.
I could sit back and ignore it all but it's easier to out a burning match than to try an out a burning house. 8)

Re: munster closed shore entry

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:40 pm

dogfish4896 wrote: donal is munster provincal chairman

im only too well aware of that fact. he reminds me everytime i meet him, flashing his expense account around the place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi David,

Most of the Leagues and such kick off in February. The SAI committee have ahad a few discussions with a view to getting the angling callender right. From my experience it's best to have an AGM around November and try to get all your dates for the upcoming seasons master Angler done then, even if you only kick the series off in April. With these available, anglers can then make a decision about the coming season. Those wanting to enter opens and leagues will be the first lads to take up membership and can be the first lads issued with IFSA cards. The more casual or club angler can pay their dues in March and be issued with their IFSA cards then. A little drawn out, but it will give those interested a chance to be involved in the earlier comps. Maybe the out of sync year might be the reason so few of the Waterford anglers don't enter the munster closed. Might be worth a look.

Kevin

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 pm

the DFSAC started collecting memberships from Aug 07 for 2008. this is the norm for the club. that way no one for gets and all chasing up can be done before the start of the new year

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:12 pm

MAC wrote:Hi David,

Most of the Leagues and such kick off in February. The SAI committee have ahad a few discussions with a view to getting the angling callender right. From my experience it's best to have an AGM around November and try to get all your dates for the upcoming seasons master Angler done then, ...
Kevin

This year in fact we had the AGM late September, so it would be before both the provincial and national AGMs. We accepted 2008 membership from then as well.
We drew up fixture list in November.
jd

munster closed shore entry

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:09 am

I will relay that to my members at our agm about having our agms earlier it would make sense for the coming years instead of ringing around to see who wants to fish major comps and other open earlier in the year :D any way i will be at 1st leg hope to see you all :D glad to hear donal has a expense account he can buy the drinks friday night 8) .thanks for the insight on how you conduct agm. :wink:

Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:42 pm

[quote="jd
This year in fact we had the AGM late September, so it would be before both the provincial and national AGMs. We accepted 2008 membership from then as well.
We drew up fixture list in November.
jd[/quote]

Shite... Sorry JD & David, we did indeed have the AGM in September.... It was November the year before and everything felt a bit rushed.

September is the way to go... That way if there are any Major committee changes, they get a couple of months to get their comps dates together and out to the members.

Kev

fish

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:30 am

well donal your straight up alright when it comes to speaking your mind,and your right to,but that dont mean your always right not saying i am or anyone else.you last post just came across as i always right feck ye.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:56 pm

lads can some one send me msg with details of this comp,for some reason my computer wont open the link to down load,i need time ,venue,price of comp and address to send cash to.cheers men

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:09 pm

tbag wrote:lads can some one send me msg with details of this comp,for some reason my computer wont open the link to down load,i need time ,venue,price of comp and address to send cash to.cheers men

Have you contacted your club secretary, details were sent to club sects over 2 weeks ago.

PM me your email address and I'll send it that way to you.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Still waiting on one or two club entries but it looks like we could have close to 70 anglers out on this one

Well done to the Waterford lads looks like they'll be traveling up in a 30 seater bus :lol: :lol: :lol:

A lot of new name on the entries so I'm posting this so they will know the fish sizes been used for this venue and what is needed to sign off the score card at the end of the competition

One of the problems happening is an angler leaving the beach prior to the lnes up time.
IF YOU INTEND TO LEAVE THE BEACH EARLY SIGN OFF THE ANGLERS CARD AND WRITE DOWN THE TIME YOU SIGNED OFF AT.

That angler can now go to the next angler to mark in any other fish caught. the new marker will sign off as usual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cork

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:54 pm

ah sure ye be giving out if we didnt :D ,we are not fishing just down to go no piss :lol: :lol: .good idea make sure everyone knows about the card no one can say anything it was used last year people should make it there busness to get it signed right.

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Entries now closed, final count 75 anglers from 15 clubs.

Optional pool:
Entry Fee...................€10....please have the right change ready

Longest round: Dogfish and Eels excluded
Longest flat fish: Rays included

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:15 am

75 anglers will be an excellent turnout. There must of been a few peelers around the south coast this week so :lol: . Hopefully the fish will oblige.

munster closed shore

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:02 am

Must have been Donals pep talk to rinnashark they are angry now :wink: :wink: 8)

cork

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:59 am

more fun and banter :D .good turn out lets hope weather better then last week.herd a free dozn crab with entry :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:13 am

Zone results

Zone A:
1st. Mick Walsh...........Tramore WD....5 fish....129 pts
2nd. John Lynch...........Tralee Bay......2 fish....99 pts
3rd Hugh Cronin.........TraleeBay.......3 fish....98 pts
4th. Tom C'connor...... Gr. Island.......2 fish....68 pts
5th. Brian Mansfield.....Ardmore.........3 fish....64 pts

Zone B
1st. Tony Santry..........Bishopstown... 7 fish....211 pts
2nd. Chriss Nelms.........Waterville........4 fish....177 pts
3rd. James Kiniry.........B.A.S.S. .........4 fish....132 pts
4th. Richie Dalton.........Tramore WD...2 fish.....139 pts
5th Pete Davis.............Crosshaven....2 fish.....100 pts

Zone C
1st. Alan Mulcathy.........Rinnashark.....9 fish.....284 pts
2nd. Joe Henness...........Tramore WD...5 fish.....168 pts
3rd. David Keating.........Rinnashark.....3 fish.....132 pts
4th. Graham Hill........... Rinnashark......5 fish.....107 pts
5th. Kevin Ryan............ Rinnashark......2 fish.....88 pts

Optional Pool: €300 pay out on each fish

Longest round fish..... Kevin Ryan..... 47cm cod
Longest flat fish..........Chris Nelms.... 56cn Painted Ray

Full details by Tuesday.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:30 am

Weldone to all who had fish, 9 fish is fantastic too given the low catch rate.
Congrats to A Mulcahy.

Weldone Pete Davis too great stuff!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Thanks a mil Donal on a well organised comp.
My young fella loved the beach buddy and has all his toys moved into it out in the living room! won't be seeing that again!

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 pm

Well done on the organisation Donal. It was nice to see nearly 80 anglers stretched along the beach. Hopefully we can see these sorts of numbers for the other 3 legs.