Munster Closed Shore 1st. leg January 28th

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:41 pm

This is a pre entry competition

Entries MUST be paid in advance
Contact your Club Secretary for block bookings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Donal,

What are the size limits for this leg?

Thanks.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Ill be there for that Donal, also, do you have any details ont he East Cork league leg this weekend, ie who to contact, where to check in etc?

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:16 am

JOHN LYNCH wrote:Donal,

Thanks.

This is going to stir things up a bit. So I ask the Waterford lads to hold back a while until we get it sorted out. Ye all know me I'll work something out that will be agreeable by all.
The Cork clubs who are running two legs of the Close Shore are not realy interested in the small fish sizes. Mainly because the venues used produce very little small fish and also a lot of their club anglers are against it.

What we are try to do at the moment is work out something where flats under 25cm and oven 20cm get fixed points and round fish under 30cm and over 20cm get fixed points.
The M.P.C. rule passed at the 2007 A.G.M. set a minimum fish size of 20cm but clubs could use sizes above these if the wished.

I have no probblem fishing the smaller sizes but as stated above other club members do and I, as a club official must act on these wishes.

The result from the Cork jury will be made, at the latest. on weekend before the comp and will be sent to club sects. put up on the site and sent all anglers an my mailing list.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:29 am

petekd wrote:Ill be there for that Donal, also, do you have any details ont he East Cork league leg this weekend, ie who to contact, where to check in etc?

Munster Closed Shore
This is a pre entry so it's entry fee in advance

E.C.S.L.
Check-in: Car park Clay Castle
Time : 14.00-15.00
Fishing time: 15.30-19.30

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Donal, As you well know there are a lot of angleres who will disgaree with whatever points system is used, no what side of the border they are from. This year both points systems worked out ok, each system produced a result, and the team was picked at the end of the 4th leg. The 20 cm used in Tramore produced fish that would not have made the measure if the Cork system was implemented yet the Tramore competition had the greatest amount of anglers of the 4 legs. Both sytems work dont fix whats not broken.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:21 am

JOHN LYNCH wrote:Donal,

Thanks.

Following meetings with the two Cork clubs involved the following agreement was reached.

Flat fish over 20cm and under 25cm and round fish (bass included) over 20cm and under 30 cm would be give a fixed score of 10 points with a bag limit of 10 fish
Bass over 30cm to count
Dogfish 50 points

Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

sharky wrote: the Tramore competition had the greatest amount of anglers of the 4 legs. Both sytems work dont fix whats not broken.

Nice bit of spin there so here are the real figures

3rd leg: Tramore Beach Host club Rinnashark.......Anglers: 60 :D
36 from Waterford clubs..28 of these fished this leg and fish no other leg. :shock: :shock: .....19 of these 28 were from the Rinnashark club.

4th. leg: Garryvoe beaches Host club Aghada....Anglers 33 (what a let down) :oops: :oops:
6 anglers from Waterford.....4 of these were fighting for a place on the Munster team and had to be there... the othe two anglers Dave Noonan and Liam Griffin both from Tramore Waterford club fished all 4 legs and are a credit to what the Closed Shore League is all about :D :D :D
And on a final note NO member of the Rinnashark Club fished the last leg.

Now take take that out of the spinning machine and iron it. :lol: :lol:

Will be expecting a bus load up from Waterford for the fist leg

Aghada still got the 3 Penn 525 reels the bought as zone prizes for the last leg in 2007 and if the numbers are right they will be the prizes for the zone winners in the first leg in 2008

Munster closed shore

Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:40 am

Ouch :shock: that had to hurt :wink: any way we use a 20cm here but it is flats20-25cm = 5pts round 20-30cm = 5pts (including bass) any fish over the above limits get a point per cm + 5 fish pts.Happy new year to you all :D sharky i would get that looked at :wink:

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Donal, I can see you were up late working on the detail in your message, you should get an early night. I am afraid there will not be anyone down from Rinnashark to the !st leg as there is a requirement to have a 2008 card to enter. As we will be starting maybe in April following the local fixtures meeting, fees will not be collected until the date of the first competition. Last years card was once acceptable for the stsrt of the next year. The lads up here dont pay in advance. It would be easier to get the Cork GAA players taking part in matches without paying them than it would to get money in advance from the lads up here.[/quote]

Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Donal, I can see you were up late working on the detail in your message, you should get an early night. I am afraid there will not be anyone down from Rinnashark to the !st leg as there is a requirement to have a 2008 card to enter. As we will be starting maybe in April following the local fixtures meeting, fees will not be collected until the date of the first competition. Last years card was once acceptable for the start of the next year. The lads up here dont pay in advance. It would be easier to get the Cork GAA players taking part in matches without paying them than it would to get money in advance from the lads up here.

munster closed shore entry

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Donal i would have to agree with sharky :D in relation to the cards sititution the waterford clubs normaly dont start until april :( and so the clubs do not know who will be joining or not and according to council rules they dont have membership of the ifsa until they join a club where as last year and for as long remember the card you had last season was valid until late march start of april 8) .maybe you need to look at the year of membership ie april07/08 as to jan07/08 next year :) just a suggestion or have the start of Munster Closed in April instead of Janurary :wink: .

Why are you all bitching

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:35 am

Vist http://homepage.eircom.net/~rinnashark/ for info with out bitching

close

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:41 pm

can i ask if they are four clubs involved in holding the munster close why only two clubs where involved in deciding the sizes should all four not been in agrement?no matter what is used there will always someone have something to say.it worked last year sizes to suit venue all venues are diffrent.as for the all round 20 cm size limit it was voted in at the agm by the members witch shows thats what the majorty wants and should get.the 20-25 points is not a bad idea but it will mean a lot of extra work in making up cards and more chance of mistake.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 pm

I reply to these posts as Secretary of Aghada S.A.C. host club of the 1st. Leg of the Munster Closed Shore 2008.
Entries with 2008 afilliation numbers will only be accepted with the entry form all anglers will be asked to produce their 2008 membership card at the enrty.

I have no intention of shutting things down to appease the clubs who go on a winter break. Aghada are fully registered with Munster Council for the 2008 season since the start of December 2007 I.F.S.A. cards have been issued to anglers.

I'm not realy going to get bogged down on these issue as, under another hat, I'm trying to make sure that the Interprovincial Youth Championship to be fished in Youghal next weekend is run off without any problems.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Donal we are affiliated to the ifsa since dec :D but our master anglers comp finish in november :) and until we have our agm this month we do not know who is going to rejoin or not :shock: we have the cards here but do not who is rejoining :( and the anglers here wait to see the fixtures lists to see who they will join as fit them around there shift work or whatever :x we do not close down for the winter :evil: we always start our comp in march/april 8) .

Re: munster closed shore entry

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:00 pm

dogfish4896 wrote:Donal we are affiliated to the ifsa since dec :D but our master anglers comp finish in november :) and until we have our agm this month we do not know who is going to rejoin or not :shock: we have the cards here but do not who is rejoining :( and the anglers here wait to see the fixtures lists to see who they will join as fit them around there shift work or whatever :x we do not close down for the winter :evil: we always start our comp in march/april 8) .

With the very small number of Waterford anglers interested in fishing all legs of the Closed Shore it should not be a big problen in issuing these anglers with cards. These lads are the core anglers and are not realy worried about what culb they join or shift work as they will always find a way to get to the Major comps.

P.S. see you Friday night for a few pints

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Looking forward to it donal 8)

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:08 pm

for some reason donal, you always seem to draw a lot of flak. from what i have both seen and heard you do an outstanding job but people seem to complain straight to you instead of throught the official process of through their club, to their provincial seretary, to the provincial chair and then if needs be to the national council.......

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:09 pm

No bitching here :evil: :evil: BASS POINT Happy Birthday to you :D 8) :D 8) :D 8) .
Donal does a great job :D i have no proplem with him. :D :D
oh by the way herr donal is munster provincal chairman 8) and is used to the s*&t thats thrown around :evil: . respect to him, 8) 8) donal mines a guinness on friday. :lol: