The Seiko inc. the Jimmy Smith hosted by South Shore S.A.C.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:40 am

South Shore S.A.C. present "The Seiko" incorporating the Jimmy Smith All Ireland Shore Angling Championship 2007.
South Shore Sea Angling Club is celebrating its 29th year of sponsorship by Seiko watches and clocks and The Seiko this year is set to be a huge event, as we are running it in conjunction with the Jimmy Smith.
The Seiko inc. the Jimmy Smith is due to take place on Saturday the 15th of September'07 in Kilmuckridge, Co.Wexford.
We will have the brochure for this event in many tackle shops shortly with all the details of the competition and it will also contain advertisements for our sponsors, please take one when visiting your local tackle shop. We ask that anglers please support our sponsors as it is so hard to get sponsorship these days and we are very grateful for their contributions and support.
This is strictly a pre-entry competition
Entries will be taken by myself only (by phone on 087-9006333), up to Friday the 7th of September. No entries will be taken after 6:30pm on this date. I.F.S.A. numbers must be given when pre-entering and I.F.S.A. cards must be produced on the day at the check-in, in Sean Og's Bar and Hotel in Kilmuckridge.
If an angler has not got his/her I.F.S.A. card on the day or if an angler has not pre-entered by the deadline, they will not be allowed to fish this competition. (This is for the purpose of insurance and to make the running of the event smoother and no exceptions will be made on these 2 rules). Please help us by co-operating when it comes to pre-entering.

A flyer will be posted on the site shortly with all the details, also, flyers and our brochures will be in many tackle shops nationwide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Seiko inc. The Jimmy Smith

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Just a point to note, the date given in the IFSA diaries for the Jimmy Smith is incorrect.

The venues that we plan to fish are Ballinoulart and Morriscastle, with 3 zones.

The Seiko inc. the Jimmy Smith

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Just a reminder to everybody, pre-entry closes this Friday evening the 7th. I have reached 100 entries (so far!!!) and this is set to be a brilliant event with many anglers planning to stay over and make a weekend of the fishing and craic in Kilmuckridge!
We have also received many valuable watches and clocks from SEIKO, which will be part of the prizes for this event. We are very grateful for SEIKO's kind support.

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:04 pm

I have 130 entries now and entry closed officially on Friday evening, but anglers are still ringing me. So in order to try avoid any hassel on the day, I will continue to take entries until 6pm Wednesday evening the 12th of September. After this deadline, absolutely no entries will be taken and anglers who have not pre-entered will not be accepted on the day. This is a huge competition and there is a lot administrative work that has to be done in the background and in order to do this, we need to know the number of anglers coming by Wednesday.
So if anybody hasn't pre-entered or knows an angler that hasn't entered, who intends to fish the Seiko, please contact me or get them to contact me with their entry. Thanks.

Sean Ogs in Kilmuckridge will be serving breakfast on the morning and will have a bar menu in the evening, if anybody wants to get a bite to eat before and after the competition and we also have a function room for the event at the side of the hotel. We will have the check-in and prize giving in this room.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:30 am

The Exorna Cup
The Inter Provincial Teams are as follows:

Leinster:
Eamonn Bermingham - South Shore SAC
Noel Fogarty - Raheny SAC
Thomas Keogh - South Shore SAC
Martin Howlin - Wexford SAC
Billy Doran - Kilmore SAC

Munster:
Cliff Gallogley - Bass SAC
Mick Maher - Bass SAC
Jamie Santry - Bass SAC
Brian Mansfield - Ardmore SAC
George Reynolds - Tramore & Waterford SAC

Connaught:
J.P. Molloy - Cois Fharraige / Carna SAC
Michael Curtin - Cois Fharraige / Carna SAC
Norbert Zimmer -
Fergus Collins - Cois Fharraige / Carna SAC
Shane Gilvarry - Newport SAC

Ulster:
Shaun Flemming - N.A.S.A.
Philip Brown - Culdaff SAC
Stuart Langridge - Carrick B&R SAC
Paul Power - B.A.D.A.C.
Gareth Bell - Carrick B&R SAC

I now have 145 entries in total. Still some time Left! Final entries today!

Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:18 am

thats a very strong Leinster team but good luck to the Ulster team.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:07 pm

Good luck to the Ulster Team.

Especially Phillip Brown from my own club Culdaff SAC.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:32 pm

Any chance of a report.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Results are here http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... highlight=

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Well done to South Shore for a really well run event.

jimmy smiths

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:40 pm

i agree with that