home nations

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:28 pm

thanks to donal for all his work over the course of the comp,fishing was very tough but all in all the comp went well.just hope i can make it to dover next year to have another go at getting me hands on a gold medal :!: congrats to the u21s and seniors on their good result :!:

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:49 pm

yea it was really hard fishin

thanks to donal, tom, peter and Eamon for all there work :D :D

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:00 am

well done lads! :D

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:08 am

Alex well done and dont listen to that SCARECROW I only wish i was as good as you when i was 16.

Danny

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:06 am

well done lads. :)

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:47 pm

S.A.I. Team
Wrampant Wreckfish
gd
Dinger
Fishingmidget
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:49 pm

The Irish Teams
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

Awesome fun guys, shame the fishing wasnt great but it made it a harder more challenging event, i was part of the u21 scotland team, one of the loud ones hah!

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:19 pm

Donal,

Could you do an edit and include the names. Some like me dont know who these guys are....I know Stephen Mason and Alex....thats about it...I also know Eamon Bermingham...but unless I cant recognize him out of his waders....? is he there :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:22 pm

We're a beautiful race of people :lol:

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:31 pm

Jeez, JP fairly scrubs up well. He almost doesn't look hungover.... almost!

Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:56 pm

Rockhopper wrote:Donal,

Could you do an edit and include the names. Some like me dont know who these guys are....I know Stephen Mason and Alex....thats about it...I also know Eamon Bermingham...but unless I cant recognize him out of his waders....? is he there :lol: :lol:

Tom.

Senoir Team:
Eamon Berminngham
Shaun Fleming
Cliff Gallogley
J.P. Molloy
Seirt Schultz
Paul Devito Team Manager

Under 16:
Ger Doran
Stephen Mason
Niall Waters
Neil Wemyss
Alex Dainty

On the left: Tom Mc Adams (team coach)
On the right: Peter Flahive (team manager)

Under 21:
Karl Fogarty
Christopher O'Sullivan
Gareth Bell
Dean Quigley
Mark Brady
team coach Eamon Fogarty (missing from pic)

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:17 pm

Some more pics

Tomos with a 4.05lb mullet

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Biggest cheer of the night
Grahame Foot presenting the under 16 trophy to Carwen Wheeler of the Welsh team.
Carwen has had a kidney transplant and I'm told is on over 80 tablets a day for his condition. He fished the first 2 days and was rested the last day. Not a kid to give up he spent the day fishing the otherside of Ferry Point using 2 rods.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:50 pm

Overall results

VENUES:
SENIORS: day 1 Ferrypoint Youghal (facing north); day 2 de wall at monkstown (without the cod); day 3 Calliso bay (a lead graveyard)

UNDER 16/21: day 1 Ballybrannigan (full of small weed and blowing a gale; day 2 The back of great island (crab city) day 3 Ferrypoint and Monatra Youghal. (A serious look must be taken as to the lack of flounder at this venue and the causes of it but thats for another day).

There venues we hard going for any angler and the results do not reflect the effort everyone put in over the 3 days

home nations

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 pm

yea thanks to tom,eamon,donal,and peter for all there hard work during the comp :!:

home nations

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:59 pm

Was the scoring based on the number of fish?

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey all

It was definitely a hard week, fished a comp in galway on the Saturday, Sunday down to cork and Waterford to practice on the proposed venues. Practicing twice a day everyday really takes it out of you. But it helped us no end as we were well ready for the venues by the end of it. I think this showed in our results as we went into each day fully prepared for what was to come.

One thing I did notice was that all the anglers from the other countries had individual and team sponsorship from various tackle companies. This in itself makes things alto easier for them with not having to worry about buying allot of there own tackle. Its a pity we don't have more of that over here but I suppose that we are not as high profile here. Some of these anglers are semi professional so its good to see that we can compete with them.

I would like to thank Paul Divito our manager for all his help and the rest of our team. We all really pulled together to come up with our tactics.

And of course Donal " DOMENATOR" Domeney for all the work he put into this event allot of which was unseen, whether that be trying out venues getting us bait, leads etc. Especially the ways he used in dealing with complaints from various people that were complaining for the sake of complaining. On one occasion the was a complaint of a branch being in the way of one of the young lads so donal duly disappeared, returning shortly after wards with a saw and sorted out the problem. There are countless stories similar to this from the weekend.

Managers report and results are available at http://www.seafishingni.co.uk

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 am

Well done to JP, Dinger & Alex. Sounds like the conditions were difficult :?

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Seaniebo wrote:We're a beautiful race of people :lol:

:lol: beautiful!!