best boat charter in south

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:19 pm

just looking for some advice on boat charters this year im hoping to try few new destinations in the south as i only boat fish in north or donegal the furthest, last year was my first season in a club. ive also fished kilmore key but was really bad weather and never caught much but willing to try again in the future. i heard belmullet has the most species to be caught and am up for that. any suggestions on boats and best times of the year would be great. id like to add to new species and also few specimen fish if possible. many thanks guys

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:58 pm

Hi Johnsin1, i really think that you should try clifden bay in Galway! John Brittan is the skipper. Just inshore fishing there produce plenty mackeral for bait, big pollack, ray, doggies, turbot, flounder, tope and congers!! Then if you head out wreck and deep sea fishing you can catch all kind of big fish including blue shark!!

Also its a lovely town, friendly and inviting, book a weekend there with your mates and you wont be dissapointed!! cheers, Joe.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:32 pm

i would recommend danny mc carthy on MV Deep Cove out of scraggane pier in dingle. anytime in the summer (june - sept) will see you able to catch (based on what we have had and what i have seen caught) mackerel, pollock to 12lbs, spurdogs to 16lbs, pout to 2.5lbs, ling to 20, huss to 13,red gurnard to 2lbs, tubs to speci size,tope to 70lbs,skate to 100+,conger to 30 and so on.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:23 pm

cheers guys very helpful info, probly try them both this year if i get the time, going to be in dingle in july holidays so will look em up.

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:47 pm

mark gannon is always worth a go in courtmacsherry, has an impeccible record and the pubs only a stones throw from the pier :lol:

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:38 pm

id give kilmore quay a go again, great mix of fishing down there