the best charter boat in the north

Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:42 pm

well lads who do u think it is its been ages since ive been out with any nearley all the ones i ring up there booked out

Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:02 pm

sean mackay ballycastle is the only one i'd recomend for half decent fishing.
dont go near red bay or anything inflatable is the only thing i can say ,no matter how desperate :x
JUST TO CLARIFY ,I've nothing against red bay boats ltd. its the charter boat that works in the area ,theres been a few more than dangerous practises being carried out by the skipper ,reported to mca etc.
I know a few people love him but i personnaly wouldn't recommend him .
Last edited by Ronald on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:28 pm

i know very angry wee man :evil: is there any boats going out this time of year say if the weather was rite absolutely dying to get out if anybodys thinking gathering up a few people please let me know

Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:56 pm

give sean a ring, he might be out and about after skate etc this time of year if he has any spaces

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:17 pm

will have to do that phill was talking to the man once in the tackle shop in busmills he should write a book on fishing! and could talk the hind leg off a donkey he certainley loves his fishing never been out with him but thats cause hes always booked out

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:00 am

Hi Ronald
Think you should clarify your statement, me reading this as an infrequent visit would lead me to think you are having a gripe at Redbay ribs........ local industry etc and I am sure you are not.

Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:05 am

Hi brian doubt that ronald was having a swing at redbay boats their ribs are amoung the finest this country has to offer and their fast fishers speak for themselves. I think if u read the post title it was Best charter boat in the North. He was probably refering to a skipper that operates out of red bay that uses a inflatable craft (rib) Not the actual manufactures of the boats that wasnt what the post was about :D

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:41 am

I've edited my post so that no one has any comfusion as to who i'm talking about ,i dont want to name the boat as that just gives him publicity :lol:

Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:45 pm

What happened! what happened! take it there was people out on the charter when these incidents occured

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 pm

One incident involved a guy getting a broken leg, it was that rough and the skipper decided it was alright to head to the isle of man after tope :roll: they got the guy ashore and the rest of the charter left the boat and made other arangements for getting home :lol:
there been incidents of people getting fly bys whilst at anchor and the charter skipper taking exception to them fishing (his mark supposedly :lol: ) though the kids on board with their grandfather nearly got tossed out of their boat ,
I,ve been there in my mates boat and had him do the same thing ,he seems to have a wee problem with navigation of such a high powered vessel and cant control the direction it goes :wink:

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:35 pm

Hi Ronald
Sorry for the misunderstanding, this skipper sounds more like a rogue trader, if he had done a stunt like that while I was at anchor he would not have known what had hit him. Not physical :wink: Coastguard.