In search of Charlie Robinson...

Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:15 am

Heres one for you Kieran, Charlie Robinson used to operate a charter out of Dunlaoighre a few years back but then reputedly finished up and moved to the west somewhere. Is he still operating his boat in the West? Does anyone know? I am interested in contacting him. I have been on to Mike Thrussel and he knows him and has been out on his boat but does not know where he is now. I want to pick his brains on the Spurdog that are supposed to be available around my way. The Irish record comes from here. Anyone know?

Charlie Robinson.

Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:56 am

Hi Luke

There is a Pat Robinson based in Donegal, but beyond that I'm stumped.

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/boat ... onegal.htm

To my knowledge there are over 100 boats for charter in Ireland, and not all of them are listed on the site - I don't have time to chase them and it they do not want free advertising, well, that's hardly my problem!
I've even emailed some of them asking for permission to use photos already available on their sites to illustrate the boat on this one and got no response. :roll: This site is now averaging well in excess of 1000 unique visitors a week, which is normal given there are almost 200 registered users, you expect there to be 4-5 times as many ghosts!

On the subject of spurs, it you check out the skippers around Antrim and Down, they should be able to give you good advice as the spurs are as common up there as the damn LSDs are here! Hope this may help...

Re: In search of Charlie Robinson...

Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:27 pm

Luke Scully wrote:Heres one for you Kieran, Charlie Robinson used to operate a charter out of Dunlaoighre a few years back but then reputedly finished up and moved to the west somewhere. Is he still operating his boat in the West? Does anyone know? I am interested in contacting him. I have been on to Mike Thrussel and he knows him and has been out on his boat but does not know where he is now. I want to pick his brains on the Spurdog that are supposed to be available around my way. The Irish record comes from here. Anyone know?

See http://www.seaangler.8m.com/News/25Feb04.html , Is this the same Charlie Robinson that you lok for???

Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:37 pm

You wanna get in contact with Sean Mackay out of Ballycastle, He hit Spurs with Serious Regularity while Skate fishing, My Friend had 1 of 16 n a half... Cant say there's many Spurs left round North Down.... :(

Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:44 pm

I was also out with Charlie once. I managed a 45lb Tope.

:D

Spurs

Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:17 am

interesting Mac. Did he perhaps bring you to a certain sandbank off Greystones? North, South East or West end? Did you see any bouys while fishing? What colour were they?I have a fair idea where to start looking but it is a big area and petrol costs money....