Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 am

Talked to JW
He is GOING!!

Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 pm

Cool. Pete is your buddy defo going?

Dan doesn't know yet if he can go. So we'll just keep a place for him for now.

Anybody else you know who would be interested?

bobby

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:16 am

Phanover confirmed for the 19th....

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:52 am

We only have 5 confirmed so far. If Dan decides to go that will make are 6. Will I go ahead and book??

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:53 am

Book away Bob...

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:00 am

In the words of the wise and mighty Pete! book away!

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:04 am

ok guys booked for the Sunday 19th @ 9am sharp...

Pete/Jd to either of you have a cheque book??? They don't take credit card and need the deposit of 100 squid...

Also, do any of you guys need to hire gear?? She just said to make sure a few have own rods. I have no boat fishing rods/reels whatsoever so I will be hiring.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 am

I certainly do not need to hire gear. If I thought there was any money in it I would start hiring my own.....! Dont have a cheque book I'm afraid so cant help there.

Are we going to just do our own thing or will we have a friendly comp?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 am

friendly comp I suppose.....

If you have loads of gear bring some for me :)

Jd any chance you have a cheque book?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:11 am

Fisherman Bob wrote:friendly comp I suppose.....

If you have loads of gear bring some for me :)

Jd any chance you have a cheque book?

I'll go and look- a long time since I used one!

deposit

Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:54 am

bob, if you send me the details i can post off a cheque

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi Jw,

Cheers for that. Need to post 100 euro cheque to

Mark & Patricia GANNON
Woodpoint
Courtmacsherry
County Cork
Ireland

Tel/Fax: (+353) 23 46427
E-mail: csal@iol.ie

Just put a cover note with it saying Charter booked for 19th November by Bobby Matharu.

When we are sorting out the full payment for the boat we each give you a 5er or whatever the extra amount you pay is.

Thanks again.

Bobby

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:58 am

I sent the deposit off. Hope we have good look with the weather now.

Below are two birds. Study them closely......... See if you can spot which of the two is the
female. It can be done. Even by one with limited bird watching skills.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:01 pm

lmao :D

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:10 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

Brilliant

P.S Thanks for looking after the deposit. Much Appreciated man.

Bobby

Some advice for your trip

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi guys, If i can offer my 2 pence worth.
If the weather is ok, and Mark heads for the coalie wreck, its a 35 mile trip out !!, so I reckon you would be better trying to get going at 8am instead of 9. and take your sea sick pills !!
If you are fishing for the coalies, use a 8-9' trace of 50lb mono to a long boom, and a 5" storm wide eye shad. when you drop all the way to the bottom, put the reel in gear and wind up about 20 turns reasonably fast, then drop again, keep doing this till the skipper tells you the wreck is coming up on the sounder (this is how to pick up a cod or two.)
As soon as the wreck comes up on the sounder start reeling as fast as you can, and don't stop till you are 100 turns from the bottom (always count them) if there are coalies there you will hit them, well actually they will hit you !! lol and hang on.
If you need any more information feel free to holler.
Tight Lines, and enjoy the trip

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:02 am

Thanks for the info Dave, a few of us however are heading out from Loop Head in Clare the day before and then travelling on to Cork so I reckon an 8am start would be pushing it a bit TBH. Good tips by the way, appreciated. Is there a particular preference for one colour or do most work?

I really hope the weather gods smile on us for this one as I dont think there is a harder pulling fish than a decent Black Jack.... :D

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:28 pm

I firmly believe that the preference for colours are really down to the angler, and most colours work, the retrieve speed seemes to be more important than the colour, the only definate exception ,imho, is a bright orange lure for cod and pollack.
A 5" storm shad with a bit of blue in the back seems to be a good option, although I was on Marks boat when the old coalie record was broken, and that was on a jelltex sandeel (orange), and i had 3 speciman coalies from 22 to 24.5lb, each on a diff colour shad!
The mustad Jumbo Hokkis work great for the Ling, and you should get away with 10 oz of lead for the shadding.
If you are on one of the closer in wrecks you will catch the Pollack on the shads as well, just slow down on the retrieve, and only come up a max of 40-50 turns.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:33 pm

so who do we have??
jd
jw
bob
phanover

who else??

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:45 pm

Er...me! Wasnt Angling Dan coming too?