Charter Fishing

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:29 pm

http://angling.erin.ie/fishing.htm

Anyone been on this charter before???

Heard some good reports from a buddy of mine that catches are excellent.

Also anyone interested in giving this a lash sometime?

Bobby

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:34 pm

Had a PB Trio of Huss, Conger and ling during the summer aboard Lady Patricia. Fine boats and well kept. Accomodation at Marks B&B was excellent also. Yeah, Id be interested, I think phanover, who had a ball that day too would be up for it also.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:41 pm

Excellent!!

I'm sure Dan would be up for it also. If we can get 10 people it would only be about 40-50 per man.

Did you hire the gear from Mark or bring your own?

I went on this new charter boat last year called Wreck Hunter. What a trip, definately recommend it. We had Macks, pollock, Coalies, Ballin Wrasse, Cuckcoo Wrasse, Ling, Codling, Doggies, and blonde ray. Boat is savage fast. We took off from Crosshaven and were in Cobh in about 2 mins. :)

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:45 pm

I brought my own Bob. Not sure about fishing 10 aboard though, that sounds like a recipe for tangle city. I find 6-8 max on a charter is plenty. Untangling lines in a choppy sea is not a recipe for a good day out..."ill watch the horizon for you while you sort that out...."

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:46 pm

I may be ineterested. Like pete, I like to keep numbers fairly low.
jd

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Sounds good to me man. I was just going by what they recommended on the site.

6-8 it is.

Any sugestions on dates?

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:58 pm

I know someone else who may be inetersted.

BTW I also have a charter booked from Carrigaholt Co Clare, Nov 18th..
jd

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:00 pm

should we keep it to 6 or try get a few more??

Do you have any info on the Carrigaholt charter JD?

Bobby

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:02 pm

Dont know what you think lads but in couple of months, dont those great big specimen coalfish inhabit the offshore wrecks?? It may be worth chancing, need a good day weather wise but if thats not forthcoming, there are alternative fishing grounds out of Courtmac that may yield shelter. Best to have a chat with the skipper and see what he thinks and what his plan B would be. Failing that, put me down for next spring/summer or whatever!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:06 pm

I'll put in a call to Mark next week and see what he would recommend. If we keep an eye on the weather we might get a few nice days in November.

If we can't get out on the charter this side on Xmas we could always have a shore session down there. Sounds like a good spot.

Bobby

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:10 pm

I've a booking with luke aston for the above date. If we are lucky and
the weather is good, excellent fishing should be had on the reefs out
off loop head. Obviously in mid november there is a chance the weather
will be unsuitable.

http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/sha ... viceId=124

AND

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... php?t=7135
AND
http://www.calligrafont.com/john/claredragoon2006/

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:26 pm

Damn right i'm up for it....well so long as my lady dosn't drag me on one of them damn family trips to visit her parents. hahaha SCREW IT put me down for it bob!

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:39 pm

Looks like a fun day out JD. When you thinking of going?

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:46 pm

Fisherman Bob wrote:Looks like a fun day out JD. When you thinking of going?

It is already booked for Nov 18 (and deposit paid too)

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:49 pm

are there still a few places free? if so how much per man?

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:51 pm

Boat is 450
We don't want to go more than 6/7.
3 places filled, but Luke has regulars who will make up numbers if few days notice given...
jd

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:56 pm

Hey Dan would you be up for this. Not too sure if I can make it as I will probably have college on the Saturday.

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Most definate bob, if I am here I think it is the weekend b4 that i will be in dublin so i should have some points in my favor for missing the cod meet and taking ais and william to dublin

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:08 pm

If any of you two guys (or anyone else) are on for carrigaholt pm me..
jd

Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:10 pm

Cool well suss it out and obviously only say your going if you can go. I'd say the last thing they need is to get a load of names and for people to flake out.

I don't think i'll make this one JD as I will have college on the Saturday. Sure I'll catch up with ya on the CourtMac session if all goes ahead.

Bobby