Anyone Fancy Meeting For A Trip Off Donegal?

Tue May 18, 2004 9:33 am

Just reading the reports there and there seems to be quite a few of us up in the north-west. Certainly myself, H Rocks and K2 Extreme among others.

Anyone fancy putting some faces to the names and meeting up for a boat trip one weekend?

If we were a few bodies short I can always make up the numbers.

I am up for fishing out of anywhere from Belmullet to Greencastle and beyond. There's a new boat operating out of Mullaghmore that I've heard good reports about that might be worth a try and Michael McVeigh out of Downings always finds good fish.

What do you's think?

Arthur

Tue May 18, 2004 10:00 am

Arthur,
sounds like a plan. Likewise, I can make up numbers if required , David (brother/business partner) would jump at the chance.
As for skippers, there's always Pat as well. Not sure if Micheal is speaking to me though I'd love another trip out on his boat !!
Let me know details and we can get something sorted. Contact details are on the Procast website.
Who is the new charter in Mullaghmore ? Not Lomax or Cunliff ?

Cheers,

Fri May 21, 2004 11:51 am

I would be interested at some point in the future, probably not this year though as I am building a house and like the tight fisted ejeet I am, I'm doing a lot of the work myself.
The sports and social here at work are currently booking a trip on that new boat from Mullaghmore (Kiwi girl), date not set yet, limited spaces are expected to fill quickly. It will be an interesting experience as I don't think there will be anyone with much sea fishing experience. The S and S went 2 years ago on the 24th Aug, but unfortunately I couldn't go, Our first baby was due on that date and for some odd reason my wife wouldn't let me go.

Tue May 25, 2004 4:41 pm

Anybody interested in Kieran's trip out of Belmullet on Saturday, 26th June?

I've got my name down already. Belmullet and Achill have been two of my favourite fishing trips.

Thinking of travelling down early Saturday morning and staying overnight to have a wee swally Saturday night.

Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:25 pm

Any progress on a Donegal trip? If I'm about in the summer I'd love to tag along...........

And Connor, what's the story why Michael McVeigh mightn't be talking to you? sounds interesting.

Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:44 pm

Right, too much messing about getting nowhere here!

Send me your proposed dates and venues and I'll book something. Best leave it about a month and give options of dates / venues.

Either post them on this thread or pm them to me.

Cheers lads,

Arthur

Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:25 am

I'm easy Arthur. I need a bit of notice though. A month sounds about right. Since I'd be travelling from Armagh, Downings and Port Na Blagh direction suit me, though I'd be interested in fishing a new venue too as long as it wasn't too long a spin. I suppose Port Na Blagh with Pat Robinson, Downings with any of the charters , Killybegs, suit me, though like I say, name the date and venue and myself and David will be there if we can make it (and the wife allows me).

Tanglerat, I have no problem with Michael. Nice bloke, has probably forgotten more about fishing than I'll ever know. We just had a misunderstanding a few years back, and unfortunately I haven't been back to fish with him since. Wasn't entirely my fault, the lads I fished with then threw a strop after a days fishing (Michael wasn't there so was not to blame either ) and unfortunately I was guilty by association. Would love the chance to fish his boat again . I haven't fished with any of those blokes since (apart from my Da).

Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:17 pm

As other post - we have a couple of places on our trip out of Mullaghmore on Saturday 17th July (I know - the day after tomorrow).

€35 a head.

It was good fishing last year so high hopes for my only trip out of there this year!

Please contact me for details by 4p.m. tomorrow if interested.

Regards,

Arthur

Mullaghmore

Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:37 pm

Arthur, i'd be up for tagging along if there's still room - i've sent you a PM, althugh if you don't get that get me on jfriel@hotmail.com

Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:57 pm

A Friel? Not another one!

This place is getting crowded with Friels, we should have a clan gathering! :D

Re: Mullaghmore

Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:11 pm

JGF wrote:Arthur, i'd be up for tagging along if there's still room - i've sent you a PM, althugh if you don't get that get me on jfriel@hotmail.com

I've emailed you.

Cheers,

Arthur