Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 pm

a dozen pints of guiness the night before and a good 14 piece ulster fry in the morning before getting on board.... :lol:
seriously though, sometimes if your gonna be sick your gonna be sick, full stop. always try to keep your mind on the fishing, not your stomach, it helps, mind you so does the groundbait cloud you add to the water!
been a good few years since i was seasick but i remember the last time i was it was out of the downings( apparently its notorious for it) but i kept my trace down whilst being sick, took the slagging for it like a man, then ripped them all off by reeling in a full house of a red gurnard, tub gurnard and a haddock! - groundbait does work!!! :lol:

Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:47 pm

I used to get sick all the time. Heard about the benefits of Ginger - I now drink a bottle of ginger ale and eat ginger biscuits while fishing. Some people eat root ginger, but I reckon that's more likely to make me throw than anything else.

I haven't huey'd since !!

Or do as Tanglerat advises - Hug a tree !! :D

Like someone has already said - a lot of it's in the head !! I've rarely been sick when out fishing with people where the banter is good - takes your mind off it.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:45 pm

One of the best tablets is drenamine I never was sick except for once in an atlantic swell blue sharking, what a ribbing I took for that as I was a seasoned boater, Drenamine will make you a little tired but it worked great if you felt sick. Recommened to me by a great skipper from Burtonport who saddly pasted away a few years ago.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Well, so much for all the advice, now convinced I'm bulletproof when it comes to sea-sickness. On a charter with a few SAI lads on Sunday. Spent friday night on the sauce, eventually got home well after 6, Saturday night was a similar routine, had time to get head down for an hour before having to leave for Port, had another hour in a layby in Milford waiting for Pete to arrive to guide me to Mevagh pier. Once on board, after having skipped breakfast I stuffed myself with crisps, biccies and coke....Sick? Not a bit :D Did disappear for an hour or two to have a kip at the front of the boat until rudely awakened by a bloody wave spraying all over me! I had put the wristbands on as a precaution though, tiredness every bit as bad though, no motivation to do anything.

Ralphing

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:53 pm

i don't suffer from sea sickness myself but have had others on the boat who have. My advice is if you smoke then stay away from them while on the boat. Also, make sure and stay away from anything harder... If you do start to feel queasy then get the boat moving. Start the engine and start motoring. That usuall has done the trick for my buddies. Mind you they have started to feel dodgy again when you stop. Also if they do ralph all over the boat then insist and make them clean it all up there and then. This won't make them feel any better but it sure is funny watching them do it in that sorry state :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:53 pm

Your a heartless fecker....... :D

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Sleeping as a preventative for sea sickness. New one on me.... :lol:

The Cure

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:30 pm

For this cure you will need to visit your local builders yard or any building site on route.

You will need to get 5 things for "The Cure".

Items needed.

2 Rawl plugs with suitable screws
2 Breeze blocks the bigger the better
1 Drilling machine

Method.

Remove boots or whatever footwear you are wearing place on top of the breeze blocks drill holes through footwear into breeze blocks insert rawl plugs and screw down firmly replace footwear with the breeze blocks attached enjoy your angling if you feel sick look down at you feet you will be standing on concrete all should well.

See you in the bar :D

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:23 pm

right. i get sick in the shower but since i discovered sea legs theres no stopping me. medium swell in a 17 foot longliner is a piece of cake. the two lads i went with were green though :twisted: