Ballycastle boats

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:49 pm

How is the boats out of Ballycastle ,N Ireland doing at this time anyone know

Lord Moyle, Ballycastle

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:38 pm

The Lough Swilly Sea Anglers had two days over last weekend on the Lord Moyle [Skipper - Chris McCaughan]. Despite the stiff westerly there was a number of pollock, colies. gurnard and a couple of codling for good measure. While it was a bit slow at times it was a good weekend all in all.
The Glenluce on the Quay Raod proved a good B&B [thanks James] and we had a cracking meal at the Anzac. There is club talk of going back later in the season for another go.
:D

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:59 am

JG here , thanks eq going there on sunday report back later.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:01 pm

Said it before, Say it again, for generally reliablity, Brilliant catches and more information than a Fishing Encyclopedia 'Lady Lynda' Sean McKay, any day of the week. 8)

Ballycastle

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:00 pm

JG......did you get out for Ballycastle? How was it fishing and where did you head for? Let us know if you had any sucess.

EQ

Ballycastle boats

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:15 am

Was invited out as a guest as i have a bit of experience , a boy o boy did I have a experience some of you may know the skipper in question no names but its a very costly big white boat say no more , at no time were we any farer than 500 yds from shore , lots of small 16 & 18 ft boats all catching the same small pollock our biggest 8lbs on jelly ,could no belive the skipper when he said he had no net or gaff not that I like to use one and no scales .He tried to tell one of the anglers he had a specimen pollock,bollocks,I weighed it 8lbs .I have given them Sean's number to let see a skipper how cares about his paying crew .