Forum Small Boats meet

Fri May 19, 2006 12:53 pm

Would anyone be up for arranging a small boats meet through the forum ? I'm pretty keen to get the Hog out in saltwater, and as I'm fairly inexperienced at sea, would like to go in company - safety in numbers and all that.

Anyone interested ? Let me know what you think of locations and dates etc.

Could possibly even get a wee competition going.

Fri May 19, 2006 4:31 pm

If you check out http://www.boat-angling-ireland.com theres a meet on in the Swilly next weekend, lot of familiar names if you havent visited already...!

Was talking to Pete off the forum the other day, thinking about trying to organise a small boats meet up out of Port-na-Blagh to head out to Tory or round Horn head etc, what does everyone think of this? Granted, for a trip out to Tory we would be taking a gamble on the weather alright but sure there has to be sheltered water in the vicinity we could hit if that was the case. Perhaps Tanglerat could advise?? :D

Fri May 19, 2006 8:34 pm

I wouldnt mind meeting up sometime, how far are you from Mullahgmore Conor? as i could meet you their anytime to give you some company with the boat, or perhaps Pete could suggest somewhere else in Donegal Bay?
Steve

Fri May 19, 2006 9:17 pm

The guys over at BAI are keyed into local meets, you would be safer joining resources on this subject and running with them if you are struggling to make up trips......... The weather is a real bitch, you can plan and plan but alas........

Mon May 22, 2006 12:15 pm

Saw the other forum's meet, but have the brother's stag the same weekend otherwise I'd have went .

Steve, I might be fishing out of Mullaghmore next Saturday if the weather picks up, but on a charter. Would like to fish out of there on my own boat as I love the place , spent loads of summer holidays there as a kid - so if you're on for meeting up some other time, send me a PM.

I'm up for Tory out of Port Na Blagh, but Tanglerat tells me it's better to launch for Tory out of Magharoarty and head round the islands.

Whatever we can come up with, I'm game.

Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Could try from Teelin out of Donegal Bay, know the ground pretty well down there. Still up for Tory once I get the wheels on me trailer fixed.

Mon May 22, 2006 8:33 pm

Excellent, thats 3 boats anyway. Shall we say July sometime for Tory then? Anyone any preference for dates, best thing I suppose is what dates are out for everybody.... I am free and easy in July so whatever suits. Sticking a post on BAI and see if we can get a few more heads up for it.

Tue May 23, 2006 9:44 am

Im in Kerry for first two weeks in July so anytime after that I'll be free. The June weekend after next I'd be free but with my trailer being ill I mite have to blag a seat with one of ye.

Tue May 23, 2006 12:21 pm

weekend of the 7th/8th is out for me - brother's wedding. The 29th is out - another wedding. I'm gonna be skint in August !! :( - The 2 weekends in between suit !

Tue May 23, 2006 12:50 pm

What say provisionally the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of July then so as that (provisionally!) suits at least 3 of us?

Tue May 23, 2006 1:22 pm

sound by me ! :D

Tue May 23, 2006 7:59 pm

My wifes Birthday on 23 Jully so i'll not be going fishing that weekend,
Steve

Wed May 24, 2006 10:56 pm

Anybody got a spare seat for an unboatowning angler, pleaseeee?

Why not launch a PnB and tootle around Sheephaven? Bound to be something about, and no worries about offshore at Tory.

Thu May 25, 2006 8:31 am

Totally open to suggestions from those who know the area better, Tory Pollacking is a drug d r u g though.....
Whats that about ^?

Thu May 25, 2006 12:35 pm

Tanglerat, I've Getthecreelsin on then Hog, but if the brother isn't coming, you're welcome to jump aboard .

Thu May 25, 2006 12:59 pm

What size is your Hog Connor?

Thu May 25, 2006 4:18 pm

Just over 17ft - very short cabin (thus the name Shortie) - plenty of deck space - have fished 4 comfortably on lakes , but not sure I'd want to go to sea with 4. I'm sure if one was at each corner it's be grand, but a bit restrictive.

Fri May 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Ok I'm gonna keep that date free then. Four sounds like alot Conor for a 17 footer. My orkney is 16ft but I'd only fish two from her, you could fish more but its all the gear that extra people would bring that would clutter the boat up.

Fri May 26, 2006 12:34 pm

Yeah, there'll just be myself, David and Getthecreelsin (Graeme - you gotta shorten your name !!) - like I say 4 on the lake for static fishing is OK , but would be a bit restrictive at sea I would imagine - as for "all the gear" - 10 leadheads and a bag of firetails doesn't take up much room !! :wink:

Fri May 26, 2006 1:29 pm

Fingers crossed on the old weather front then :D .....do we have a plan b??