The Master Angler Boat Competition - Cahericiveen

Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:11 pm

I'm fishing this for the first time (and quite possibly the last!!!) in September. Is anyone from the board fishing in it? It's always good to put a face to the name.

Also, Cahericiveen is well out of my normal range - does anyone have any local knowledge or tips? No doubt I'll ask again nearer the time.

Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:37 am

Arthurg, what's the criteria for entry? I've been trying to get our club to affiliate to IFSA but they aren't bothered. Means I'm not affiliated so can't take part in IFSA comps, which I'd love to do.
Would love to get involved in comps, not to win, cos I wouldn't , but for the craic. Any advice ?

Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:13 am

All affiliated clubs can send one member to the Master Angler. I won our league last year so get to represent them this year.

To fish any other competition, I think that individuals can becomne affiliated. I don't fish many, but I've fished a few and tend to enjoy them. I intend to fish a few more this year.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:17 am

I'd love to fish them just to meet other anglers and have a bit of craic.
I contacted the IFSA and asked about individuals joining and was told that I'd need to join an affiliated club. Easier said than done. Can't get this crew I fish with motivated to affiliate.

Tue May 04, 2004 9:05 am

You'd be more than welcome to join us in the Lough Swilly S.A.C.

Even if you only joined to fish occasionally, it would still qualify you to fish competitions. Our league is run over seven trips, the first being in a couple of weeks.

Tue May 04, 2004 5:56 pm

Hello Arthur.
you will get all the info you need from the national recorder.
other wise I would suggest that you ring the secretary of the club hosting the Competition. You have plenty of time at present, Try and gather info from people that have fished the area before. Angela should have knowledge of that area

mick

Mon May 17, 2004 1:19 pm

dingbat wrote:Hello Arthur.
you will get all the info you need from the national recorder.
other wise I would suggest that you ring the secretary of the club hosting the Competition. You have plenty of time at present, Try and gather info from people that have fished the area before. Angela should have knowledge of that area

mick

Cheers Mick.

I'm going to go down a couple of days earkly to get in some much needed practice. I'll contact them well in advance to try and arrange bait, etc.

Arthur