xtra cost?

Wed May 03, 2006 6:26 pm

Hello all in the boat Angling Q & A Forum, I was just wondering, if it would be possible that some-good-body may furnish me with the small print, revenue duties and extra charges on purchasing a boat in the U.K and giving her a new hom in Eire. Thanking all in advance, maith agaibh.

boat

Wed May 03, 2006 6:34 pm

To purchase a second hand boat there is no additional cost when bringing a boat into anywhere in the EU. When buying a new boat - any boat under 26 ft in length may be brought into the country after paying the Vat price in the country of purchase. This basicly means that unless you are buying a monster you just pay the UK price and thats it!

I checked all this out when i was buying my new boat... 8)

Sound as a trout

Wed May 03, 2006 6:47 pm

Your the man 'dirty fecker'. I Know it may have seemed like ABC question and it was I suppose to you, but I must learn the ABC. I am very grateful for the prompt reply. mile mile maith agat. :D

Wed May 03, 2006 8:04 pm

Do bear in mind the ferry costs tomas as they are extortionate at this time of year. When we brought the micro over, (23 feet of a trailer) we got a ferry over (4x4) and trailer back for €220, Im heading over on Saturday to pick up the trident (19' 6" on trailer) and its costing €557. Was expecting that at this time of year though. On the off chance you could be unfortunate enough to come across a "hot" boat, insist on a home address(if buying privately) and a landline number. Just in case you get stopped at the port or something terrible like that.

ferry prices

Wed May 03, 2006 9:20 pm

it is always worth checking the "minimum facility" ferries such as larne-fleetwood and dublin-mostin (north wales) they travel overnight and are principally for freight so a bit rough -like you would not want to travel with a young family- but they are cheap.