Wed May 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Ardglass Skipper. You are fortunate to be situated on part of the NI coast that has the potential for some excellent boat fishing but which has not had the charter boats like your's to exploit this resource. Get over to the IOM to where the Kilkeel boats target cod and jumbo haddock, anchor up and fish for turbot on the many turbot banks off the S Down coast or locate a few good wrecks holding pollack and ling ,post a some pictures and I can guarantee you success. Re Sea Angling Clubs, insist on a deposit,there are some terrible hangovers (and cancellations) on a Sunday morning!
I wish you Good Luck with your business, it's not an easy one.

Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm

gannet wrote:there are some terrible hangovers (and cancellations) on a Sunday morning!

:shock: :shock: Ha! Yeah.. One perticular Sunday i was turning a healthy shade of green at times throughout the trip [Missy Moo], i still managed the biggest fish that day which happened to be a lovely codling that tasted awesome!

Anyway, i wish Mr Ardglass skipper all the best in his venture, some people might see it as a bit steep but in fairness if the right people are targeted and proper advertising, this should not prove much of a problem. It's an open market, good luck.

Thu May 04, 2006 12:19 am

Ardglass Skipper , wasnt trying to have a personal dig at you , just purely stating a fact .
I hope your right regarding the potential of Ardglass as a sea angling mecca . Good luck with the boat and i look forward to reading your catch reports .

Andy

Thu May 04, 2006 9:00 pm

Predator out of redbay charges about £300 a day and his boat is not comfortable.

Thu May 04, 2006 9:02 pm

Yeah, but that's Hamish, lol :lol:

Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 pm

Yeah a nutcase. :evil:

Thu May 04, 2006 9:09 pm

GEORGE H wrote:Yeah a nutcase. :evil:

I could think of worse things to call him... :lol:

Thu May 04, 2006 9:14 pm

have you got a spare hour the list is endless. :D