killybegs, may 6th.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:01 pm

Going to Killybegs for the all-ireland open boat on the 6th. of May, is there mackerel been caught from the boats up that way.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:31 pm

not sure if they are around donegal bay yet donal, they have started to appear on the north east coast though, guess we can only hope to come on a few fresh uns on the day!! see you there.......are any other forum members fishing the findlater????

Tue May 02, 2006 9:03 pm

Mackerel showing in the bay since middle of April. Going to same gig, might see you both at registration on Friday nite?

Tue May 02, 2006 9:05 pm

at the moment i think im only heading down on the saturday morning, wouldnt have minded a few jars on the friday night with ya tho for a bit of craic!

Tue May 02, 2006 9:09 pm

No worries Phil I'm sure we will meet on the pier in the morning. Smith has a broken foot so don't know if he is fishing yet, Fri nite would have been good chance to give him a good slaggin

Tue May 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Pete:
What kind of species will we be chasing. Will be willing to swap some nice juice peelers for som fresh mackerel.

Thu May 04, 2006 2:23 pm

It will be mainly pollock Donal. Wrasse too. Ling and odd cod. Depends on the weather as usual, if its decent there might be bit more variety.

Fri May 05, 2006 12:20 am

Got the crab and rag that should cover the wrasse and cod who's got the fresh mackerel. trading on ddbay.

Fri May 05, 2006 12:22 am

i think ill just have to rely on falling in with a few fresh ones out there donal!!

Sun May 07, 2006 2:42 am

well it ended up being crap for most, well, me anyhow, omly 5 counters, wish i could have stayed down for the night tho, i was quite thirsty but unfortunatelty had to drive me and mate home, was good to meet you again donal, ps many thanks again for the wee presents!! :wink: and good to meet pete from the forum as well! :P