Recommendations for Charter Boats in the Achill Area

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:34 pm

I am looking to book a charter vessel in the Achill area for 2 days deep sea fishing later this year. Myself plus 9 members from our club will be visiting Westport during the first week of September. We have already booked Mary Gavin-Hughes for one day and the White Sea Horse out of Westport for another but still need to book 2 further days. Any recommendations in the Achill area would be appreciated. The only requirements are decent skipper, decent boat and decent tea! Thanks. :D

mayo charters

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:01 pm

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/boats%20-%20mayo.htm

Not sure if John Johnstone is working as a skipper any more as his boat is now in Malahide, may have a new one, told he has retired. Try the man on Clare island, might make an interesting jaunt for you... or further north you could do worse than Sean Lavelle in Belmullet who has found some interesting ground and a decent wreck or so I am told (shh!)...

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:26 pm

A lot of good boats operating out of Black Sod Bay, which fish in and around Achill if that interests you?

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Thanks for the replies. We will be staying at Westport during the week and will be travelling from there to each venue so don't want to travel too far each day. You have certainly given me something to look into. I am hoping to travel over at the beginning of June to have a look / see and will book then if I haven't already found something. :D