Charter boats in shannon region

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:15 pm

A mate of mine is trying to orgainise a boat trip for a few lads in work near to Limerick. He wants it as close to Limerick as possible. What hes looking for is a skipper that will them onto something will put them on to fish and help out first time boat anglers and probably first time anglers. Tarbert would be the obvious choice but he was fishing there a couple of years back and met the skipper coming in. He asked about trips out and didn't find him helpful to say the least. Cappa or carrigaholt are the next nearest. Anyone have any positive experiences from the clare skippers?

Donagh

Carrigaholt charter

Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:11 pm

lukeaston@eircom.net
Web http://www.fishandstay.com

I havent fished with this guy, but have had a few chats with him on the pier returning from several trips. I was fishing at the time

He was very knowledgeable and shared some good info (marks, state of tide etc) with me .His boat is first class, and the returning anglers had really good catches

Worth a shout.

Kev

Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks Kev,

I was thinking of him as sure seems to be putting an effort in with his articles on the shfrb site and all the money he's put in advertising.

If the tarbert skipper had acted the same way when meeting anglers on the pier he could now be getting business from them.

Donagh