Appeal for information

Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:43 pm

Hello all!

Bit of a weird one here, and I hope mods don’t mind me appealing for information—I am on the trail of my late father’s boat. It is part of his estate, but unfortunately, he didn’t leave behind many clues as to where it might be.
As he was also a keen angler, I thought perhaps there is a possibility of someone here recognising some of his information.
All we know is that the boat is likely ‘somewhere in Ireland’, along with the boat info below.

Please note that we have already contacted the Warden for Waterways Ireland, who has checked the reg and come up with nothing, likely meaning it’s been stored privately.

If anyone has any information at all regarding the boat, pointers for our search, or even if they knew my father, please do let me know!

Boat name: Rocky Racoon
Owner: Ian Roderick Gibson
Vessel Type: MacGregor 26 (Yacht)
Registration: 9969, registered with Irish Waterways in Enniskillen
Presumed stored out of the water. Likely overdue storage fees.

Thank you!!

Re: Appeal for information

Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:27 pm

shadow147 wrote:Hello all!

Bit of a weird one here, and I hope mods don’t mind me appealing for information—I am on the trail of my late father’s boat. It is part of his estate, but unfortunately, he didn’t leave behind many clues as to where it might be.
As he was also a keen angler, I thought perhaps there is a possibility of someone here recognising some of his information.
All we know is that the boat is likely ‘somewhere in Ireland’, along with the boat info below.

Please note that we have already contacted the Warden for Waterways Ireland, who has checked the reg and come up with nothing, likely meaning it’s been stored privately.

If anyone has any information at all regarding the boat, pointers for our search, or even if they knew my father, please do let me know!

Boat name: Rocky Racoon
Owner: Ian Roderick Gibson
Vessel Type: MacGregor 26 (Yacht)
Registration: 9969, registered with Irish Waterways in Enniskillen
Presumed stored out of the water. Likely overdue storage fees.

Thank you!!

It's been found at last!

Thank you to the mods for letting me post this, and do get in contact if anyone's in the market for a 2003 Macgregor 26!)

Topic can be closed if needed~ Thanks again!

Re: Appeal for information

Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 pm

happy days