Rossaveel

Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:58 pm

Just trying again for a porgie but last year tried to launch off Doolin but the slip was way too steep for my van and boat and unfortunately it was near low tide and all the neighbouring slips were dried up. I was on google maps and I was wondering if anybody has any information about Rossaveel harbour for parking and slip. Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Rossaveel

Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:55 pm

The Rossaveal slip looks excellent but parking with a trailer is not at all easy at this time of year and I think they will charge well also. I had a look at it lastbuear and moved to a good closer slip.

Its called sruthan and its across the bau from Rossaveal. Head towards Carraroe and turn left just across the road feom the Top petrol station over a small bridge. Its a full tide slip with loads of room. Do a google map search and you cant miss it. Caz

Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:01 pm

Across the bay from Rossaveal

Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:15 am

Thank you very much for the information. I will probably look at both and I hope to head that way in the next couple of weeks. I have to try and get my first Porgie and I hear there are a few of them in that area, near the islands I think. And again many thanks for the response.

Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:27 am

Sorry Caz you say that the slip is only good on full tide is that right or it is useable all through the tide?

Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:34 pm

Sorry for not being clear. Full tide slip as in can be used from low to high even on spring tides. This is rare in Connemara as most slips are half tide or 3 hours before high water

Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:38 pm

Thank you very much. Im hoping my next trip to be out around the islands and try find them. At least now I can head out not worrying about having no water for launching or retrieving.

Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:15 am

yea its a good deep pier, the galway girl a ferry for the islands is moored there atm getting painted, gives an idea of depth of water - be sure to look for hookers on the bay - you could be unlucky if they are racing on the weekend you aim for and a load would moor in around it - youd have to go look for some other spot