Doolin

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:39 pm

Im hoping to get away next sunday to fish for shark around 5 miles off the Aran Islands. After a few hours of that my aim is to fish near the islands with light gear so once again Im just looking for any help or pointers for this area.

Re: Doolin

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:29 am

Not really an update. On the long trip to Doolin we had a blow-out on the motorway and after fixing it on the road we had to start googling a tyre supplier near Doolin. We had to re-route to liscannor to get the spare sorted so that took over an hour. We arrived at Doolin slip which is very steep and while we were assessing whether the van would be able to launch and retrieve, a jeep and large redbay tour rib had a go and at one point with all wheels spinning I thought he was heading in to the water but fortunately he made it. So obviously the van was out of the question. We drove around looking at other slips but water was too low on them all. Back to Dublin and think about the next trip and where to go for these Porbeagles as we would love to have one to the boat to see what the fight would be like. At least the rubby-dubby will have got smellier so I hope it freezes back up quickly before the boss at home gets to the freezer.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:39 am

Ah jaysus that's a long drive with boat in tow to have to turn back around :|

Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Yeah so hopefully next weekend back to teelin and try for a few blues but they seem to be a bit more scarce up there over the past few years.