Doolin

Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Thinking of fishing for my first Porbeagle and seeing good reports from Galway somewhere near Achill islands so does anybody have any recommendations about this area as Ive never been there before. Im thinking of launching from Doolin so has anyone launched from there before and if so is there anything I should be aware of. Any tips would be much appreciated in trying to catch a porbeagle from tactics to areas. Thanks.

Re: Doolin

Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:09 pm

If you can chat to John Fleming who charters out of Rossaveal.
He fishes the area for Blues and Porbeagle, mostly on the reefs to the west of the Aran Islands.
They used to be prolific down along the cliffs from Doolin as far as Green Island but not so much any more.

HTH

Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. Unfortunately charters never seem to want to tell private anglers anything but I can sort of understand that. At the moment its just a change of venue in my mind as I have dragged the boat to Cork and Donegal (got blues in both) but never got a porbeagle. I will post here if I get there and obviously if I get one.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:51 pm

This lad seems to be getting a few around galway https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX2vk285MoSueMPDv-oLPsQ maybe send him a message on youtube he might give you some marks