Boat for sale

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:31 pm

I'm about to put my boat, Clew-Less, trailer and engine up for sale, but thought I'd give you guys first chance.

It's a Ryds 465 [16'] on a Roller Coaster 1 trailer with a 25hp Mariner 2 stroke with hand tiller and cord starter. The boat is supposedly unsinkable even with 5 crew and full of water. I've never tried doing this so can't give that claim a personal guarantee :D

[img]http://www.accony.co.uk/images/ryds465.jpg[/img]

Trailer has recently had new bearings fitted. Engine is in good condition although one of the decals is scratched.

Looking for offers in the region of £3500 sterling [Euro 5018 ]

The boat is in Co Mayo at a friends house and can be viewed by appointment. Engine is locked away for the winter but I can arrange for it to be seen.

Drop me an email or PM if interested.

Colin
PS. This boat has been personally tried by our leader Keiran. In fact he managed to boat his personal best thornback from it.
Last edited by Accony on Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:52 pm

It seems that I was wrong about Keiran's PB Thornback he has caught a bigger one at 13lb from Co. Clare.

Sincere apologies for downgrading Keiran's PB by just over a lb. I'll try to get my facts straight in future :o) :oops:

Colin

Kieran PB

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi Colin

The boat is a very fine boat - now Colin's navigation is another matter... but at least the mackerel in Killary will be safe for a while! :wink:

Ryds are probably not that well known a boat in Ireland but they are on a par with Orkneys in terms of reputation, practically unsinkable, and whilst the 25 hp is a mite heavy requiring some ballast (hmnn, was that why I was brought along - kj), when the trottle is opened up, it moves! :shock:

The nice thing about an open boat is the freedom of movement and space three people have when fishing... no elbows and swinging leads etc.

FWIW...

Re: Kieran PB

Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:39 pm

kieran wrote:Hi Colin

The boat is a very fine boat - now Colin's navigation is another matter... but at least the mackerel in Killary will be safe for a while! :wink:

How can you get lost in the Killary??

Ryds are probably not that well known a boat in Ireland but they are on a par with Orkneys in terms of reputation, practically unsinkable, and whilst the 25 hp is a mite heavy requiring some ballast (hmnn, was that why I was brought along - kj), when the throttle is opened up, it moves! :shock:

Two up it goes very quickly! Two up + Keiran, entirely different matter! Although he is useful for keeping the front end down

The nice thing about an open boat is the freedom of movement and space three people have when fishing... no elbows and swinging leads etc.

FWIW...

Colin