Explorer Elite

Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:15 pm

I hope to "invest" in a new Explorer Elite boat shortly can any members
help regarding problems importing from Liverool to Dublin ...customs etc.
Jim

Boat from Liverpool

Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:57 pm

I reckon there are no problems in bringing in a second hand boat. I have n't ever seen rules regarding new boats. I don't think there is any problem especially if you have paid VAT in the country of purchase. Are you towing in or having delivered?

Jim

Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:23 pm

Check out "ybw.com" for info on tax laws and the things to look out for when purchasing boats abroad. I found the info very helpful when I bought my boat in England 2 years ago. I will mail you with some of the documents I downloaded just in case they are hard to find on the site. I took the boat back on the ferry, I booked a W/E return for a car plus a trailer on the return jurney and everything went fine.
Damien

Re: Boat from Liverpool

Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:21 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:I reckon there are no problems in bringing in a second hand boat. I have n't ever seen rules regarding new boats. I don't think there is any problem especially if you have paid VAT in the country of purchase. Are you towing in or having delivered?

Jim

Jim, thank you for the reply. I'm having her delivered as it only costs £168 sterling. I was worried someone with a clip board would be waiting
when I call to collect her.
Hope to toke her to Union Hall in July.

Re: Boat from Liverpool

Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:22 pm

Jim from Cork wrote:I reckon there are no problems in bringing in a second hand boat. I have n't ever seen rules regarding new boats. I don't think there is any problem especially if you have paid VAT in the country of purchase. Are you towing in or having delivered?

Jim

Jim, thank you for the reply. I'm having her delivered as it only costs £168 sterling. I was worried someone with a clip board would be waiting
when I call to collect her.
Hope to take her to Union Hall in July.