Dublin Bay

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Dublin Bay

Postby andyfish » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:10 pm

Evening all . Anyone fishing from Dunlaoghaire to bray over the last two years notice that the fish have dissapeared big time or is it just me . No pollock cod ling there anymore . Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

For this message the author andyfish has received thanks:
Rod Tips (Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 pm)
andyfish
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 1 time

Re: Dublin Bay

Postby mickser » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:16 am

Hi andyfish There is nothing left for the fish to feed on after Mussel dredging from Wicklow to Drogheda that has taken place over the last six months myself and ashley Hayden has tried to have it stopped but little or no support from the members on this site has made any difference to the licence being granted again
See hear = ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=217002
mickser
I have not fished in two years hoping to change that this year with anything ?
mickser
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 175 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Rod Tips » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:36 pm

andyfish wrote:Evening all . Anyone fishing from Dunlaoghaire to bray over the last two years notice that the fish have dissapeared big time or is it just me . No pollock cod ling there anymore . Anyone got any thoughts on this ?
Hi there, I've been fishing for the last 5 months. All shore fishing, Howth Harbour, Balscadden, Red Rock Beach, Sutton Beach, Bull Island, Dollymount strand, the bridge at Dollymount, The statue at Dollymount , Poolbeg lighthouse, very very poor. Mostly unfishable due to the ever present weed algal blooms which haven't abated since May. Caught just one small smoothie from the Telegraph Pole near Red Rock Beach. Plenty of velvet crabs and shore crabs. The water is teeming with Spratt and sandeels, and Seals too. I read on this forum from a reply to me, that Killiney is fishing good. To be honest, I've never experienced angling so bad..

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk
Rod Tips
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 98 times

Postby Dkell8 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Plenty of pollock around dunlaoghaire!
Dkell8
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum