Greystones Marina Car and Trailer Parking

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

Greystones Marina Car and Trailer Parking

Postby BMcD » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I've regularly launched out of Greystones Marina over the last few years, using the slip to the right hand side below the clubhouses there. I would then park up the car and trailer in the area above the slip and there never be any issues. I've recently heard that this area now has no parking signs up and double yellow lines all around this area. I was wondering if anyone knew if this is the case and if there is any facility there for the visiting angler to park their trailer?
BMcD
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: Greystones Marina Car and Trailer Parking

Postby spandito » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:17 am

Hi, have bought a boat myself recently and planned to launch at some stage from Greystones. Very interested to see if this might cause a problem. Is there anywhere else to park the trailer?
spandito
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 16 times

Postby jellybait » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:18 am

fished out of there a few times last year with no trouble, but i havent been out there this year , hopefully thats not the case
jellybait
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 53 times

Postby BMcD » Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm

I emailed greystones marina to enquire about the parking situation here, I've copied the reply below here.

Good Morning Brian, thank you for your email and sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was off yesterday. Th Harbour is still being controlled by SISK and Wicklow Co. Co. and the yellow lines were put in to assist the launching and retrieval of the coast guard boats. Unfortunately there is no provision for parking of cars or trailers within the harbour other then the allocated spaces. When the Coast Guard building is approved this area you are talking about will have its own allocation.

Regards
BMcD
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Postby spandito » Wed May 02, 2018 2:25 am

Thanks for the update. Hopefully launching myself this Sunday. Best of luck with the season ahead. Tight lines :-)
spandito
SAI Lug Worm

Postby jamesndrumcondra » Fri May 18, 2018 6:11 pm

fished out of greyer today , parked above the furthest slipway in the middle and away from the yellow lines . didnt have any issues. on weekends id say things could be different but midweek id say its grand. not a single mackerel outside nor any signs or hints of tope. just a plague of doggy woggys
jamesndrumcondra
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby spandito » Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 pm

At least you didn’t blank :-) That’s good news on the parking front. I was just on Facebook looking at a friends post who is just back from a beach trip down in North Wexford. He had 3 Bass - 10lb 9lb and 7lb plus over 20 schoolies. I just need to convince him to come fishing with me now so I can borrow some of his tricks as I don’t think the chap ever has a poor session!!!
spandito
SAI Lug Worm

Postby jellybait » Thu May 24, 2018 12:25 pm

jamesndrumcondra wrote:fished out of greyer today , parked above the furthest slipway in the middle and away from the yellow lines . didnt have any issues. on weekends id say things could be different but midweek id say its grand. not a single mackerel outside nor any signs or hints of tope. just a plague of doggy woggys

Might be a bit early for the tope -did you try south a bit ?
jellybait
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 53 times

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum