looking at a small boat (advice needed)

Boat Angling - everything welcome. The opinions expressed here are those of the private individuals, and we accept no responsibility or liability.

Moderator: JimC

looking at a small boat (advice needed)

Postby insomnia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi lads finally going to look at a small boat its a seahog sea jeep 15ft, there is no engine so ill be picking up my own engine my questions is what to look out for when checking the boat im a complete novice to this is there anything to watch out for under the boat etc thanks in advance
insomnia
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 4 times

Re: looking at a small boat (advice needed)

Postby kieran » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:02 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N3hH-RzbKzQ and watch the second part too, well worth a few minutes of your time.

If I recall someone opened a thread on a trooper a few years back, so do a search here on sea hog and I'll bet there's a ton of advice on what is a very popular boat.

For those of you interested in my currachs project, it's been delayed but for a very good reason. A professional stitch and glue / plywood boat designer has come on board to help me with the drawings and calculations: you would not believe how unique each currachs is! Measured about eight and none of them share a single measurement!

Anyhow, insomnia, just remember, owing a boat is what you do when you don't want a proper pension! ';0)

For this message the author kieran has received thanks:
keem (Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 am)
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Boat Angling Q&A / Forum