SUNNY BANK HOLIDAY!!!! CORK HARBOUR AND BEYOND

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:21 pm

Hey fellas and fellesses,

I find myself with a calm weekend ahead, a buddy visiting cork and a boat that is well serviced and pretty much trying to launch itself with enthusiasm... We're after fishies: cod, pollock, turbot(!) ling, flatties, ... really anything that'll put a good bend in the rods!

I've been out a bit lately around the smiths but with limited success: just a few small ling. Does anyone have any advice on any marks that are throwing up good sized fish right now? Any wild cards? I'd say we'll hit the lings but if there's any fishies closer that'd suit me. I've been doing well on some fairly decent pollock near the harbour but no big cod...

All advice appreciated!

N

Re: SUNNY BANK HOLIDAY!!!! CORK HARBOUR AND BEYOND

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:54 am

I was out at the lings last Sunday and it wasn't great. I might have been down to the fact that around the lings was thick with mackerel.

http://www.infomar.ie/data/Google.php wrecks are about your best bet for decent fish.

Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks Donal. Might head east so, or try for some sharkies..!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:50 pm

Harbour was full of macks and herring at low water today, trouble is it was also full of basking sharks and Dolphins !!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 pm

screeming reels wrote:Harbour was full of macks and herring at low water today, trouble is it was also full of basking sharks and Dolphins !!

Ah, I saw your trailer. I was doin a bit of work on my own boat - fitting LED strip inside the cuddy to use at night. I'll send a pm with phone number, buzz me if you want tomorrow, we'll be out from early!