Balbriggan area boat fishing

Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 pm

I've a small boat in Balbriggan and I'll be trying to get out as often as I can over the summer,I'll be fishing between Gormanston and skerries areas ,is a spin out to rockabill worth it or would the skerries islands be just as good?,unfortunately my outboard is a thirsty old 2stroke and not exactly fuel efficient so if anyone could suggest a few spots that would be a bit nearer to Balbriggan would be great,I've been out to the cardy rocks a few times and not had any luck,bar a tiny pollack and macks,I anchored as close to the rocks as possible ,then bait fished one rod and casting lures towards the rock with a spinning rod with not a tap on bait but a couple of hits on lures from tiddlers,I've also fished along the rocks south of Balbriggan with poor results also ,or is this stretch of coast just dead

Re: Balbriggan area boat fishing

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Having fished this area from the boat Over the years there's not a lot of choice for good fishing as the sea bed is quite featureless from Drogheda to Skerries. If you can though the Rockabill is definitely worth the trip and there can be quite decent fishing there.Otherwise try the east side of the skerries islands for pollock, codling or the mouth of the Nanny or Delvin for flounder or a bass if your lucky. Pretty sure there are some wrecks out there too, must have another look at the charts and check though. Hope this is some help anyway Eoghan.

Re: Balbriggan area boat fishing

Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:53 am

Thanks for the reply ,I'll try and get out to the rockabill I've heard of good fishing out there but also a few disappointing trips out too ,hopefully I'll get a good one,I'll stick up a few reports anyway thanks again