SIB info

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi guys its been a couple years since I last posted on the shore forum where I spent my time but two children within two years :D have meant I now just occasionally go to the garage to clean and sort through my tackle boxes :roll: and my fishing days are a distant memory, but I haven't sold off my fishing gear just yet so might get back to the shore when I find time again.
Recently though I have been given a rather old looking SIB and engine, well you gotta try so I did. Having inflated it, I was surprised and delighted to discover it holds pressure for about a week before beginning to soften so I reckon it could be worth trying in a shallow pond
Any info on the SIB would be very helpful, I gather it is something possibly more suited as a tender to get to a boat :oops: but if suitable I'd love to try some gently fishing within casting distance of the shore rock marks I normally fished h,ere in Donegal and even a little venture into my other indulgence pike. So as I say any info would be appreciated, its most suitable use (Ok I know some one is going to suggest I rehome it in a skip), suitable engine and most importantly is it suitable for 1 or 2 to fish out of on a calm day?
It has a folding ply floor which I'm really struggling to get fitted so more help needed there.
It was made by Life Guard Equipment Ltd, Ruthin, Clwyd, in Wales who now seem to be out of business.
Type 320 Serial no. 234
It also came with a Mariner 2M 6A1 119242 which I will be paying someone to start up and service, there seem to be a few guys in the Sligo area suitable
Thanks in advance
Just realised I posted this on the shore forum :x , can't see how to move it to the boat forum, Ill let the mods do that if required, This little inflatable would probably be an insult to the "boat" forum :oops: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: SIB info

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:16 pm

You could do with a bottle of BOAT BUDDY Rib shine :)
I believe fitting the stringers that hold the floor can be a pain ( http://www.rib.net/forum/f50/sib-floor-50826.html )
Make sure you have all the bits required.

The motorised egg beater will have you pottering about. Not lively, but moving! ;)
You seem to be aware of the limitations so enjoy!

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:23 pm

last cast lad wrote:It also came with a Mariner 2M 6A1 119242 which I will be paying someone to start up and service, there seem to be a few guys in the Sligo area suitable

Why are you going as far away as Sligo?

I got a leaflet through with a freshwater club membership renewal for a guy over in west Donegal. Do you want the details?

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Tanglerat wrote:
last cast lad wrote:It also came with a Mariner 2M 6A1 119242 which I will be paying someone to start up and service, there seem to be a few guys in the Sligo area suitable

I got a leaflet through with a freshwater club membership renewal for a guy over in west Donegal. Do you want the details?

No reason other than someone recommended 'Inland Inflatables' in Collooney, Sligo and I do travel through Sligo from time to time, so it's not too far out of my way. But yes any other options definitely appreciated.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 am

last cast lad wrote:
Tanglerat wrote:

No reason other than someone recommended 'Inland Inflatables' in Collooney, Sligo and I do travel through Sligo from time to time, so it's not too far out of my way. But yes any other options definitely appreciated.

www.atlanticcomposites.com should be worth a phone call at least. Note - I've never dealt with them, so I can't give any personal opinions on them or their work. Let us know how you get on if you do deal with them.

The Mulroy is usually nice and calm for that type of yoke you have. Good thornback fishing over by the mussel pontoons opposite the slip outside Kerrykeel.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:30 pm

If you deflate the tubes about Half, you will be able to squeeze the floor underneath the tubes, then re-inflate