Recommended Boat for Sea Angling

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:27 am

Alright folks, I'm eager to get back into my fishing as its been many moons since I last took to the water. I moved back to Cork late last year and now I'm settled in the new abode. Due to a change in work commitments since moving, I finally have the time again to rekindle my passion for fishing but I'm very rusty and new to the area so feel a bit of a novice. I'd heard there's potentially some great Cod fishing to be had in Cork harbour so decided to fish around online for some information which is when I came across this forum. I've found some great info about what times of year are the most fruitful and which kind of baits work best in these waters so I'm pretty happy. I've topped up all my gear so am pretty much ready to go. I was however interested in purchasing a small angling boat. Not sure what the rental situation is here but I'd prefer my own boat now I'm going to be getting back into properly. I've been looking at some on a online second-hand for sale shop but its difficult to know what you're buying without going and seeing it first-hand before you do. I was wondering if there's anywhere locally or in the surrounding areas where I could look at purchasing one. Any suggestions on brand/model would also be great. Thanks, Fred.

Re: Recommended Boat for Sea Angling

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:47 am

Welcome to the forum (And back to the area!)
You have opened a very large minefield there... Buying a small boat :)
No doubt, it is the greatest thing you'll do in a fishing sense. They also say that if you have an enemy - buy him a boat!
Have a read of this piece here: http://www.topfisher.eu/first-run-fishing-new-boat/
It may refine your questions a bit. Other than that trawl through the usual sites: DoneDeal, Adverts.ie,Apolloduck, Boats and Outboards etc. until you spot something that floats your boat :)

Re: Recommended Boat for Sea Angling

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:37 am

Just remember if you do find a bargain do lots of research first ,as the old saying goes if it's too good to be true it probably isn't,but if ye find one with a diesel inboard go for it ,it probably won't be as fast as an outboard but for reliability and fuel economy it will be worth it and you'll also have the peace of mind that it won't be robbed off the back!