Slip at Easky , Co Sligo

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:14 am

I am not sure where to post this . Hope here is appropriate.
Talking about the slip at Easky , Co Sligo : Just at the end of the concrete slip and about 8 ft out from the wall there are two lengths of timber secured to the sea bed by 3 lengths of what looks like 1" rebar. These rods stick up some 9 or 12" and are in shallow water at low tide . Just deep enough to enable you to launch a boat ( as we very nearly did ) but close enough to the surface to rip the bottom out of it in even a slight swell.There is nothing by way of warning or anything to mark their presence .
I am curious to know why anyone would want to put a thing like that there in the first place but I am more concerned that something should be done about it . Not that we will be attempting a launch there again anyway . There was a horrible wash along the wall and up the slip even at low water with an almost flat-calm sea .

Went to Polnadiva instead . That was ok but there is an old anchor sticking up out of the weeds just beyond and to the right of the slip. Best guess that was about 3 ft below the hull at low water. Not a worry in the flat calm conditions today but otherwise a bit close for comfort .

ATB

Re: Slip at Easky , Co Sligo

Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:12 am

If you are on the Boat Angling Ireland site it might be worth a post on their Slipways around the country section. Will help to let others know about the danger. You might also get answers on your engine question. :D

Yappo

Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:10 am

Tryed to join boat angling ireland but theres now where that says sign up etc

Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:42 pm

Tryed to join boat angling ireland but theres now where that says sign up etc

If you click on forums from main page you should be able to register or login.

Let me know if you still have problems.

Yappo