never boat fished where to go???

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:50 pm

hello

ive never done any real boat fishing (feathering mackrel out of bangor doesnt count lol) but id like to get out somewhere in the next few months and again in the summer

any recomendations on who to try? id need rods and tackle as well.

based in belfast regurlarly up on the north coast.

would need to cater for 3 or 4 people could get more if needs be

Neil

Re: never boat fished where to go???

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 am

Hamish Currie the preadtor at red bay...also hires tackle...had good reviews in irish angler last year

http://www.predatorireland.com/

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:30 am

Sean McKay, Ballycastle.
You'll have a better time. 8)

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:03 pm

hairyconger wrote:Hamish Currie the preadtor at red bay...also hires tackle...had good reviews in irish angler last year

A lot of people I have spoken to, do not like this guy at all
Allegedley he has issues with anyone else fishing in the red bay area, and has been reported on several occasions for spooking other boats etc

Personally I would avoid him

Andy

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:18 pm

b0ogaloo wrote:
hairyconger wrote:Hamish Currie the preadtor at red bay...also hires tackle...had good reviews in irish angler last year

A lot of people I have spoken to, do not like this guy at all
Allegedley he has issues with anyone else fishing in the red bay area, and has been reported on several occasions for spooking other boats etc

Personally I would avoid him

Andy

Aye, What he said. :lol:

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 pm

wuz thinkning of booking him...dont think i will nie...good website though

Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:54 pm

give sean a shout, it can be a hard days work though due to the depth of water and the tide strength but u should get good fishing if he has free dates available.he will be able to tell you all you need to know and what tackle you will need.
if you need a number pm me.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:25 pm

hairyconger wrote:wuz thinkning of booking him...dont think i will nie...good website though

yeah nice photo of someone holding up a baby seal by the scruff for a photo :roll:

Andy

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:57 pm

Your just jealous because they actually landed it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:53 pm

b0ogaloo wrote:
hairyconger wrote:wuz thinkning of booking him...dont think i will nie...good website though

yeah nice photo of someone holding up a baby seal by the scruff for a photo :roll:

Andy

That disgusted me.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:06 pm

i wonder was it released again????? :roll:
seems to be fairly safety conscious with someone standing out on the board at the back of the boat with no lifejacket even on!!
some nice fish caught to be fair but being the only charter boat in the area i suppose you would need to be getting good fishing from such a good area!