galway iner bay

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:50 pm

im a complete newbe to boat fishing infact i haven't evan got my boat yet does any one know what i cold get inthe iner galway bay this time of year im only getting a shetland 14 so my range is limited

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Would someone kindly answer this lads query.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:28 pm

Wasn't there a boat report from Galway Bay earlier this week? I'd suggest the search function. If you have difficulties with that, PM me and I'll be more than glad to help.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:31 pm

Being the good samaritan here...

See:

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bull ... nner#26272

i kinda knaow

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:57 pm

i kinda know what you can get further out at the three points further out thats were peter fishies i think but im looking for markes on the iner bay form black head to spiddle inwards i also know you can get tope near tawin ilsland and bullhuss and dogs near salthill but as for place pollock and conger i dont know were too look

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:24 am

Ive heard of spurdog from within the bay but wouldnt have a clue exactly where! Sorry :oops:

Inner Galway Bay

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:15 am

Inner Bay:-

Have caught pollack, conger, tope, mackeral, whiting and dogs. Not aware, however, of any notable marks. Compared to the outer bay, the inner is relatively featureless.
Used to be a notable area for long lining for cod, but those days are long passed. Would suspect that some cod still get in there during the winter.
Mullet and bass are caught from shore marks on the south side.
Do be aware that my G. bay reports relate to the outer bay.

Peter