Outboard thefts in Crosshaven

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Word of warning our friends have been at it again with the theft of outboards and punts in Crosshaven. Cianfisher was broken into and the 6hp outboard was stolen .After I reported it the Garda told me that there was a number of them taken in the last two weeks .Now I have to get an alarm installed and a new outboard. I can’t even leave my small tender with the 2.5hp on the mooring anymore .Gutted at the moment .The engine was stored inside the locked cabin and they managed to open a small window and use some utensil to open the sun roof to gain entry. They even took the stainless cradle that was made up to hold it in place.

Re: Outboard thefts in Crosshaven

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm

They're no friends of ours.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Low-lifes. Hateful pricks
Shame u can't be more lenient any more

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm

thats a shame paul,hope they catch the bastards,hopefullu not to much damage done to the boat,eddie..........

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:13 pm

dezzer wrote:thats a shame paul,hope they catch the bastards,hopefullu not to much damage done to the boat,eddie..........

No Eddie there were professional enough and we're only after the engine but until I do a full check I won't know.will have to start the search for another aux but I won't be leaving it on board anymore.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Terrible carry on.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Paul that's terrible. You must be disgusted. This really is a national problem. I thought we only had that category of low lifes here on the east coast.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:58 pm

Don't kid yourself Magnet they were up to their tricks in Crookhaven Bay last year and you can't get any further South West than that. :twisted: :twisted:

Yappo

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:43 pm

its just sad now at this rate...just a suggestion lad,you should post the make and model on the off chance somebody decent might spot it who is looking to buy one...do you by any chance have any pics of it or serial no's? that would surely help...maybe an identifying dent or scratch...on the offchance...you never know...there is a few decent people still left...