any recomendations around donegal

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:13 am

Hi
Me and my 2 brothers in laws are thinking about doing a bit in donegal anyone know of any good charters that hire out gear and dont mind taking boat fishing novices

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 am

Look no further....

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/boat ... onegal.htm

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:19 pm

.....And I can highly recommend using Pat Robinson, "The Cricket" out of Port-na-Blagh. Nothing too technical, spinning leadheads etc for super Pollack, any time Ive been aboard hes had loads of gear. Pat will see you right.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:22 pm

I second that Pete !

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:45 pm

if you are looking for a good variety of species perhaps some of the downings boats, micheal mcveigh, sam scott or trevor ryder.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:02 pm

BigPhil wrote:if you are looking for a good variety of species perhaps some of the downings boats, micheal mcveigh, sam scott or trevor ryder.

i have a holiday home in downings, well my aul boy does and the downings boat are a1...cudnt go wrong there mate :lol: :) :D

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:56 pm

C'mon guys, everybody knows that the Downings and Portnablagh boats fish exactly the same grounds! :D

Nice to see Trevor Ryder getting a mention on here, I reckon he's very underrated. But as the coming season is rumored to be Pat's last, I'd book him just to be able to boast to the grandkids in future years; "Yeah, way back when, I was out with the best......."

8)

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:19 pm

Swilly boats based at Rathmullan 'Enterprise' and 'Swilly Explorer' do loads of outings all summer and can usually get you sorted often take out novices, have gear and will see you right, Also Des Mills out of Culdaff on Baracudda - another good man. Details can be found in the charter boat details section on the forum

Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:21 pm

yeah tanglerat , trevor definately knows his tuff and he now runs the boat 'bonito' which was formerly ran by sylvester and allistair out of mulroy....just for anyone who didnt know of the change of boat or ownership.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:47 pm

I didn't know that. How long's he had that boat?